cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow Dolly ??

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Vue FWD and I know it can be flat towed but, this weekend, that is not an option. I do have a Master Tow tow dolly that should work but I am wondering if anyone has used a tow dolly with a Saturn and what one might need to know.

My other car is a 2016 Ford Escape and I have towed it on the dolly without issue but I am wondering, for example, about the steering wheel on the Saturn and does it need to be unlocked? Does the car stay in Park, like the Escape, when towing? Just not sure if there are any real differences between the two, requirement-wise?

Thoughts?
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
3 REPLIES 3

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Mike, you should consult with the actual owners manual. In some cases there are some vehicles that can be towed all 4 down but not on a dolly. Your owners manual will tell you all that information about towing and how to setup it up. I'd start there so you have the facts.

best advice ever.
my 2005 Vue AWD can be towed 4 down, don't know about yours.
bumpy

Y-Guy
Mike, you should consult with the actual owners manual. In some cases there are some vehicles that can be towed all 4 down but not on a dolly. Your owners manual will tell you all that information about towing and how to setup it up. I'd start there so you have the facts.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there Mikemc53, You may know that this forum has a DINGHY towing Guide listing vehicle and I'm not sure if they list tow dollies. But just in case I thought I would share the link has lots of information can be found at link http://www.Motorhome.com and here is the Dinghy Towing guide, hope it's of some use to you. http://www.motorhome.com/submit-email-address/
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?