cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for good campground in Portland OR

corgi-traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Will be communing to events at the Holiday Inn near the airport. Mid-July. Looking for something decent that's not a terrible drive back and forth.
Samantha (the poster)
Tim, DH and driver of the CorgiMobile
Dexter and Dora - Pembroke Welsh Corgis
Gone but never forgotten -
Beth 1/11/94-6/3/09
Pippin 3/16/05-11/4/15
Buddy 11/7/05-10/24/16
Diva 1/9/09 - 8/20/20
8 REPLIES 8

mtdew999
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of local mobile home parks have RV spots. I just googled "rv park portland" and the map showed several.

catkins
Explorer
Explorer
Jantzen Beach is the closest. Has been years but it likely has the best location for your needs. Commuter traffic in Portland is no fun..............

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Might consider Pheasant Ridge which is south of Portland ... s/b able to jump on 205 and take that to airport.
Kevin

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Before retiring I lived in the Seattle area for 34 years and went to Portland more times than I can remember, but never camped there. It was usually day trips, or hotels so we would have the car. Also, I'm not into city RV parks.

However, I did drive through Columbia River RV Park once just to check it out. It's right by the airport, so will be close to your meetings. It is nice for a big city RV park. Definitely not a camping feel, but clean and safety isn't an issue.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Sandy Riverfront RV Park in Troutdale and liked it.

Have you checked www.campgroundreviews.com?
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Cayote_Melon
Explorer
Explorer
There isn't a lot close to Portland. Our favorite is a Regional Park near the town of Greshim, (I don't think that is spelled right) called Oxbow, but its dry and really out of the way.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at Hayden island Jantzen RV park. Would stay there again.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
corgi-traveler wrote:
Will be communing to events at the Holiday Inn near the airport. Mid-July. Looking for something decent that's not a terrible drive back and forth.

Buy the Good Sam trailer life book or just go to Good Sams web site and search Portland. The GS book can be bought in any Camping World Store.