cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance window replacement

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking for a Lance 1181 or 1191 (2008-2014) with Radius Torque (crank out) windows, but they are rare as hen's teeth. Especially in the southeast.

Has anyone changed out the windows in one of these models, or at least checked into a change out?

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)
11 REPLIES 11

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I called Lance today and did not get much to answer my questions. The folks I worked with tried to research if the windows were interchangeable, but no luck.

Getting a schematic showing the window openings would probably be helpful. I did not ask for one. I got schematics for some of the areas of my 1121 years ago, so maybe I can get them.

The issue at this point is that I have no specific model, other than an 1181 or 1191, and no specific year. I am not really excited in buying one with the sliders until I can pretty much determine they can be changed out.
On another, but related note is that I am currently looking at an 1181 with the correct windows. It's just on the other end of the country.

Thanks for all the input, it may still be useful.

Dale
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
2 years ago I call Lance for help with parts for my 15 yo camper and they would no longer support it....

I haven't had any recent contact with Lance. However, they were pretty helpful in sending over schematics for my camper when I was making a repair. This is not stocking or producing replacement parts, this was simply sending over a document.

I have no idea how the OP's call to Lance went. "I need a new window can you sell me one" is a different ask from "I need to find out the specs/details/part number/etc so I can try to locate a replacement window." Seems that might generate more traction....

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Doesn't matter. It's unreasonable to expect a company to keep parts around forever for every model they ever made. Yes, some companies do, and good for them, and good for you. But, they should not be obligated.

Maybe you think there should be a law? Just wait until you find out how much stuff costs and how expensive parts will be if that happens...

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
You misunderstood.
I had to pay gouging price for the cover who was available cheap at neighborhood Walmart, simply becouse Lance would not keep parts catalog on their computer.
In the days when data storage cost almost nothing, this is simply ignoring customers.
Even I drive newer model car, my friend just bought 20 yo Mercedes. Full support and parts available over the counter, beside hundreds of internet suppliers.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
As far as the OP problem goes, if you measure the size, you can probably find a window. Itโ€™s most certainly not Lance specific. Iโ€™d look at parts warehouses that sell parts for any RV.

Kayteg1, you say you have newer cars, so you probably donโ€™t need any parts for a 30-40 year old Mercedes. ;).

I donโ€™t believe you really think a one off product like a Lance model RV that litterally had at most hundreds made should keep parts as long as Mercedes that makes tens of thousands. Anyway, it sounds like you are complaining that you could buy a Lance part at Walmart and are upset that you didnโ€™t pay Lance to keep one on hand. Thatโ€™s an awful problem. ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I can get any part I need for 30 years old Mercedes and even 40 yo parts are still available.
It wasn't just parts supply that Lance discontinue.
Actually I believe they had the cover I needed as it was used on several models for several years (that's why Walmart is selling it).
But Lance stop carrying parts catalog for 15 yo models, even those desirable 1161 models are kept on the road.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayteg1 wrote:
2 years ago I call Lance for help with parts for my 15 yo camper and they would no longer support it.
Turned out the skylight cover I needed was easy available at Walmart, but having no model number and conflicting measurements, I had to pay high premium at local RV dealer.
Hopefully new owners will improve the support.

Auto dealers are required to keep parts supply current for 10-years from date of manufacture (iirc).
A 15 year old camper is probably useful, but an antique.
Its only reasonable to expect the dealer to not have parts.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
2 years ago I call Lance for help with parts for my 15 yo camper and they would no longer support it.
Turned out the skylight cover I needed was easy available at Walmart, but having no model number and conflicting measurements, I had to pay high premium at local RV dealer.
Hopefully new owners will improve the support.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lance Camper Parts (factory parts depart.): (661) 802-0997
Give them a call, they've been very helpful to me.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a good possibility. I'll check with them to see what they might have available.
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
bookmaker wrote:
I have been looking for a Lance 1181 or 1191 (2008-2014) with Radius Torque (crank out) windows, but they are rare as hen's teeth. Especially in the southeast.

Has anyone changed out the windows in one of these models, or at least checked into a change out?

Dale

Give these people a try

Arizona RV Salvage
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog