cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5 star tuners

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
does anyone know about 5 star tuners does it work and how well thinking of buying it for my class c
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
14 REPLIES 14

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
up date on my 5star tune
They emailed me the improvement I asked for this made the V10 even better.. now I can use the cruise control anytime I want not just on mostly flat roads.Only on larger hills does it drop a gear.
Great people to deal with..buy the way the second up date I asked for they didn't charge for. I am very Happy
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
just drove 500 miles with my 5 star tune installed.. loaded for a 2 week trip everything full water propane fuel on 75% flat and rolling hills its a 27 Ft c class E350 great tune quieter more power no up shifting even the wife liked it.
7.77 mpg I was getting 6 before. if you drive with a lite foot and then put the cruise on worked great o I forgot this is with a 3500 lb car in tow and 65 mph
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
www.5startuning.com email me here:sales@5startuning.com 843-536-1244
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400

Just saw an ad for $100 off in I think it was motorhome magazine.

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
Hank85713 wrote:
I dont know how much they cost nowadays, I got mine on a christmas special purchase at the time. A lot will depend on the use of the rv, but for me I dont worry about paybacks. If it helps me drive more comfortable then to me it is worth it. It will be up to you to determine if its worth it. ou can call Mike and he will tell ya anything ya need to know and maybe help with the decision

who is mike don't know to call
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thank all of you for responding to my post helped me a lot
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tuners gnerally increase performance, increase mpg and can lower engine temperature. All good but they may increase emissions slightly. I put an SCT on my Ford diesel. I think it has paid for itself in reduced fuel consumption. I think you can make the case with a MH. You can control the shift points in your transmission. They are handy and worth the investment.

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We also have one in our 2005 Itasca class C and it worked wonders on performance and shifting. Been in about 5 years now. It increased our gas mileage about 1 1/2 MPG which was unexpected. Well worth every penny. Its really just an update to your ECU software.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the reply.. I guess I have to save up the money
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased one new for my 2007 Class c about 4 years ago, it made a huge difference in the way the engine preformed and transmission shifted. Traded in that coach and switched it to the 2018 class A and had to upgrade the system. Still think it was and is a good addition to the coach. When time comes to get rid of the rv I will un-install the system and sell it as used, but fully functional and recoupe some of my money.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I picked up a used 5 Star Tuner for our 2012 Baystar (5 speed transmission) and I'm very pleased with how it modified the transmission shifting. I was also very hesitant to spend $$ on one but I don't have any regrets now. I read just about every post and review I could find and just about 98% or more of folks that have purchased one have been happy with the results.

As a point of information, I use tow haul mode all of the time as it really helps eliminate a lot of braking. I occasionally use cruise control but avoid it in the mountains.

If buying a used one, it's important that the unit was "unmarried" to the coach it was installed on, and that it has the tuning for your engine/transmission. You can get updated programming from 5 Star, but if purchased used, there will probably be a charge.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thank you so much for your reply.. today it is 450$ that's why I
am asking all the questions.450$ is a lot for me. and thanks again
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know how much they cost nowadays, I got mine on a christmas special purchase at the time. A lot will depend on the use of the rv, but for me I dont worry about paybacks. If it helps me drive more comfortable then to me it is worth it. It will be up to you to determine if its worth it. ou can call Mike and he will tell ya anything ya need to know and maybe help with the decision.

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thank you HANK.do you think iyo that it is worth the money?/
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it does work well, makes transmission shift/work better, civilizes the engine so it does not race to 5000rpm. Overall just plain works IMO. Have mine on 2012 winnebago. Have had it for about 6 years now.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/955188-the-5-star-mike-sticky-thread.html