cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of service

blazenpm
Explorer
Explorer
For those folks traveling or staying in or around the San Clemente State Beach, in San Clemente, Calif. beware if you breakdown mobile service is extremely limited. I own a 2013 Class A Georgetown XL. Never had a problem until I was all packed up and ready to hook up the toad. Went to start the RV and nothing. After I did multiple starting electrical tests ended up having to travel a few miles to get a new battery. I installed it and still the same problem (no start). Made multiple calls to all potential RV service providers in the area and they all had one or the other reason why they could not assist. Ended up after 7 hours of messing around contacting insurance and tow providers, we had it towed at the tune of $848.00 to the only Ford dealership in San Diego that could handle a 36 ft. rig. In the end just as I had suspected, it was the starter. Fortunately, I had a bumper to bumper coverage with $100.00 deductible. Only took 7 days to get the repair done. Then the other question arises, what about the full-timers, where do they stay during these 7 days. But, we are home now, safe and sound. I guess, my point is make sure you have adequate RV coverage to deal with these kind of issues.
4 REPLIES 4

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
That's completely unacceptable for anyone to make someone wait 7 days for a starter replacement. Absolutely unacceptable.

I don't care how busy a shop says they are. Unacceptable.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thats terrible that you had to wait 7 days F-53, V-10 is one of the easist starters I've ever changed. Ford dealers must be really busy in CA.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
seven days to put in a starter? its about a two hour job .glad your safe and sound.I use coach net never had a problem.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
So the starter came from Detroit by stagecoach?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad