cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ram truck 426 hemi

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard if they'll offer a 426 Hemi and a 3/4 and 1 ton truck? With Ford and GM coming out with a large gas motor haven't heard anything about FCA.
29 REPLIES 29

VernDiesel
Explorer
Explorer
I read the new GM 6.6 is rated 401 hp and 469 torque. Guesstimating If Ram does a truck 7.0/426 it might come in around 425 HP 475 TQ. No idea about the upcoming Ford.
Transportr TT & boats RAM EconoDiesel Factory TBC, Tow mirrors, Hitch camera, Axle to frame air bags, Tune w turbo brake, Max tow 9,200 CGAR 7,800 CVWR 15,950 axle weights 3,340 steer 2,260 drive Truck pushed head gasket at 371k has original trans at 500k

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
"I see no mass exit from diesels but their is an interest resurge in large gas truck engines."
Yeah buddy!
Until the economy tanks and/or oil prices skyrocket again and gas is $6-7 a gallon.
Then you'll be able to buy them 2 for 1 special.

If another recession hits, the last thing people can afford are $90k Laramie/King Ranch/LTZ diesel duallies, with $8000 fuel systems and $5000 EGR/DPF/SCR systems...

Time for folks to be realistic and get an XLT/SLT/LT gasser at $35k.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
"I see no mass exit from diesels but their is an interest resurge in large gas truck engines."
Yeah buddy!
Until the economy tanks and/or oil prices skyrocket again and gas is $6-7 a gallon.

Remember when gas prices go up so does diesel prices. so it ends up being the same. I kept my V-10 Excursion though the $4.25 a gallon fuel 10 years ago and so did a lot of people.

I kept the Duramax, bought a nice newer diesel for stupid cheap and a gas guzzling boat to go with it.
Actually my stuff's kinda getting old. Could use some $6 fuel to up the fire sales!

That does help those of us that can handle the higher gas prices! as you can see I went from an 02 V-10 Excursion to a 2012 36ft V10 class A. still driving my 01 V8 Explorer with 190k miles.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
You know, The Big Three could save zillion$ in salaries paid if they would just consult with the pickup twuck Brain Trust here at RV dot net ๐Ÿ™‚

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dodge guy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Yeah buddy!

Remember when gas prices go up so does diesel prices. so it ends up being the same. I kept my V-10 Excursion though the $4.25 a gallon fuel 10 years ago and so did a lot of people.

I kept the Duramax, bought a nice newer diesel for stupid cheap and a gas guzzling boat to go with it.
Actually my stuff's kinda getting old. Could use some $6 fuel to up the fire sales!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's a video of a ram 4500 with a 6.4 Hemi. It's pretty obvious what needs to happen.

Link

Yeah, like stop filming themselves driving a snowplow around in the summer?

LOL...

Yeah.... but it was a ram marketing campaign. Any you know everyone was probably fighting to drive the truck with the big bad plow. :B

So wuz it a gasser? Didn't watch the video, but nothing says turd like a 5 ton truck with a half ton plow in front and 16 sparkplugs and no blower!

Yes it was...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
FishOnOne wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's a video of a ram 4500 with a 6.4 Hemi. It's pretty obvious what needs to happen.

Link

LOL...

Yeah.... but it was a ram marketing campaign. Any you know everyone was probably fighting to drive the truck with the big bad plow. :B

So wuz it a gasser? Didn't watch the video, but nothing says turd like a 5 ton truck with a half ton plow in front and 16 sparkplugs and no blower!

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Link

LOL...

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Yeah buddy!

I wouldn't call it a mass exit, but there clearly is an exit from diesels in certain industries and it's because of the emissions systems that can't cope with putting around from house to house and all the stop and starting the engines every time the UPS driver gets out to put your package at your door step.

The UPS trucks that run around in my area are all now gas powered trucks and they used to be predominately cummins powered.

At this point in time I think its a smart idea to have a strong gas powered option with reasonable fuel economy.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Yeah buddy!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yeah buddy!

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
mich800 wrote:
mtofell1 wrote:
Ram 6.4 puts out upward of 500hp stock in some other applications so it seems there is some room to tweak the 6.4 before they roll out an entirely new engine. This seems more a case of Ford and Chevy/GMC catching up with Ram rather than the other way around. By far the biggest limiting factor to the 6.4 Hemi in the HD trucks is the horrendous tranny they paired with it (gear spacing, not reliability.... for once with Dodge/Ram). 2019 Rams are rolling out with a new 8spd tranny that should be a HUGE improvement.

:h Ford and GM are trying to catch up? You cannot compare a hot tune in a car to what a truck engine is capable. Not to mention the fact of the horsepower GM is putting out in their 6.2's in the cars or Fords coyote variants.

Catch up? Lol.
Have you driven a new GM 6.0 pickup? Pretty anemic by 2019 standards. 6.2 Ford will out pull it and now that Dodge finally pulled out of last place by dumping the schitty 6 speed trans, it will blow the doors off a 6.0 as well.

You missed where they were comparing hp from the SRT cars not trucks. That is the point I was making. All of the big 3 have much higher hp numbers in their cars.

That is like saying the hemi in a top fuel dragster is making 10k HP so there is a lot of room for gains in the current 6.4 trucks.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mich800 wrote:
mtofell1 wrote:
Ram 6.4 puts out upward of 500hp stock in some other applications so it seems there is some room to tweak the 6.4 before they roll out an entirely new engine. This seems more a case of Ford and Chevy/GMC catching up with Ram rather than the other way around. By far the biggest limiting factor to the 6.4 Hemi in the HD trucks is the horrendous tranny they paired with it (gear spacing, not reliability.... for once with Dodge/Ram). 2019 Rams are rolling out with a new 8spd tranny that should be a HUGE improvement.

:h Ford and GM are trying to catch up? You cannot compare a hot tune in a car to what a truck engine is capable. Not to mention the fact of the horsepower GM is putting out in their 6.2's in the cars or Fords coyote variants.

Catch up? Lol.
Have you driven a new GM 6.0 pickup? Pretty anemic by 2019 standards. 6.2 Ford will out pull it and now that Dodge finally pulled out of last place by dumping the schitty 6 speed trans, it will blow the doors off a 6.0 as well.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
FishOnOne wrote:

Link