cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Ox towing equip-need advice please

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for any help and advice. I'm posting for a friend who lost her husband and is now camping in her 2007 Forester MTRHM model 2861. They towed a 2012 Honda CRV with towing equipment Blue Ox. She would like to sell the towing equipment. The equipment was removed from the Forester.

My problem is that I cannot identify the towing equipment and have no idea what is a reasonable quick sell price to ask for her. I have pics I can share.

Would appreciate any and all advice from this forum and TIA!
9 REPLIES 9

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
FHI My 04 CRV has a metal cross brace that was removed and replaced with the Roadmaster base plate. Your friend should make sure her Honda is back to the original.

I kept my brace and sent it along with the car and the base plate to the GCs. Leaving the baseplate on the car might help with a sale or not since it's a clear indication of being towed. Ours had 80K miles and towed 100K miles.

the equipment was removed from the Honda and the Honda sold, so I'm not sure what is remaining. Thank you!

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Blue ox has prices for baseplates and bars on their site. You can also check ebay and craigslist to see what they are selling for used.

https://www.blueox.com/

now if only I could figure out which model - haha! Thank you!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
FHI My 04 CRV has a metal cross brace that was removed and replaced with the Roadmaster base plate. Your friend should make sure her Honda is back to the original.

I kept my brace and sent it along with the car and the base plate to the GCs. Leaving the baseplate on the car might help with a sale or not since it's a clear indication of being towed. Ours had 80K miles and towed 100K miles.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Blue ox has prices for baseplates and bars on their site. You can also check ebay and craigslist to see what they are selling for used.

https://www.blueox.com/
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what half price would be for a quick sale? Any advice or links appreciated!

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Half price should be quick. After identifying separate the base plate and tow bar parts. The tow bar is much easier to sell as it should work for many cars.

The base plate is unique to the CRV and maybe for only a few years. Limited value if any.

Appreciate the response so much!

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
When you say the equipment was removed from the Forester, do you mean the tow bars? There will still be base plates on the CRV. You can have those removed and sell or just sell the tow bars. You can check on line to see what used units are going for. Are the bars Blue OX as well as the base plates? They should say somewhere on them. The base plates will be harder to find this, but the bars will have model or something - the base plates are based on the make and model of the car.

Thank you so much! Yes, the equipment was removed from the RV and the Honda.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Half price should be quick. After identifying separate the base plate and tow bar parts. The tow bar is much easier to sell as it should work for many cars.

The base plate is unique to the CRV and maybe for only a few years. Limited value if any.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
When you say the equipment was removed from the Forester, do you mean the tow bars? There will still be base plates on the CRV. You can have those removed and sell or just sell the tow bars. You can check on line to see what used units are going for. Are the bars Blue OX as well as the base plates? They should say somewhere on them. The base plates will be harder to find this, but the bars will have model or something - the base plates are based on the make and model of the car.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS