cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Costco battery?

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
My TT needs a new battery. I am not normally boon docking it, yet, so I only need a battery for the typical load of it sitting unplugged from shore power. So, which Costco battery should I get?

Do not suggest other places as I am in Canada, and don't have Autozones, Pepboys, etc...

Do not suggest the 2 6 volt set up as that is not my need.
55 REPLIES 55

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
In 2011 I killed the house batteries that came with our used motorhome by believing the idiot lights and voltmeter (both are overly optimistic for hours after a little charging from the engine while driving. We were in Nanaimo, BC and I bought two deep cycle (not marine) batteries at Costco there. I learned my lesson and got a battery monitor, then a solar panel and these batteries never went below 80% charge. They are still performing very well after 8 years. I see the Grande Prairie, Alberta Costco has the same type of battery a little higher cost than the $90 I paid in 2011.
No problem choosing a size, just measure the length, width and height your battery compartment can handle and take the tape measure with you to the store. And choose the type compatible with the wire connectors you have. $10 back for returning an old battery, not necessarily the same size.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
A group 27. Marine/RV

Group 27

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the correct answer on page 1
Now 6 pages later of wrong and confusing answers,.....about normal for here !
When the OP said he dint want 2 6 volt, what do you suppose that meant to some people ?
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
When the intercell strap broke on the Wal-Mart battery broke, I abandoned Wal-Mart altogether.

Regardless of anything else, if a person does not like the way a Costco battery parts its hair, then get in line for a refund. tough to beat that kind of GUARANTEE.

red31
Explorer
Explorer
The OP is clear that a group 24 is not appropriate size

swimmer_spe wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
10-3/4 inches long GROUP 24

12" inches long GROUP 27

13" inches long GROUP 31, 30, 29

Measured by the jar, not rope handles, fratches, ledges, etc.

Gotta ruler or tape measure?

Or mark STRING and stuff it in s pocket and take it with you...

This helps me the most. I can get a battery that will fit, but wouldn't be one of those Now I know which ones to look for.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
Code 24 or group 24 (75 amp hours about 15 useable per battery)

GC-2 are the same foot print but taller. 2 in series give 12 volts 220 amp hours 110 usable that's over 3 times the power for about the same price.

And about 10 times the cost....

Ten times the cost?

Down here in the GTA there is about $20 difference between a group 24 and GC2 6 volt battery.

The battery I got was about $130. It is a 12 volt. I would need 2 of those 6 volts at about $600 each. That is about 10 times the cost.

I donโ€™t know where youโ€™re battery shopping, but even Chinese (CDN) Tire, known for over-priced junk, sells GC-2 batteries for $175 each.

I bought two recently from a golf cart distributor in Newmarket, they were $148 each.

I'd still need 2. Plus some wiring to make it work. Just not needed yet.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
swimmer_spe wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:

GC-2 are the same foot print but taller. 2 in series give 12 volts 220 amp hours 110 usable that's over 3 times the power for about the same price.

Ten times the cost?

Down here in the GTA there is about $20 difference between a group 24 and GC2 6 volt battery.

The battery I got was about $130. It is a 12 volt. I would need 2 of those 6 volts at about $600 each. That is about 10 times the cost.

I donโ€™t know where youโ€™re battery shopping, but even Chinese (CDN) Tire, known for over-priced junk, sells GC-2 batteries for $175 each.

I bought two recently from a golf cart distributor in Newmarket, they were $148 each.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
GC2 batteries (6V 220AH) would cost you between $100-$110 each.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:

Ten times the cost?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
swimmer_spe wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:

Ten times the cost?

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
I got my first new battery. It is a code 24 battery. I will be replacing all of the old batteries with these ones.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
joegray wrote:
My God . Five pages for a 12 volt battery. Go buy one with screw terminals and be done with it. This isnโ€™t Rocket Science. All your Capital letters are rather RUDE. People are only trying to help

The first page, I got the information, beyond that, everyone seems to be stuck on "what was in there in the first place." After repeating myself over and over, I made it big and loud.

I am surprised it went this long.