cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide question? My first slide on K.Z. spree 261RKA

WTW
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at. TT with a large slide. It includes the fridge, recliner love seat and two door storage closet. Teach me what Need to know about slides and what to do or look for in a slide?
The TT is a
2012 KZ RV Spreeยฎ 261RKS
Thanks for your thoughts.
Tomm
Work/live Lakeland, FL
2016 Ram Crew 5.7 Hemi
2019 Grand Design 2150RB
Soon- empty nesting.
4 REPLIES 4

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the rubber seals regularly and treat them occassionally with something like THIS to keep them pliable and working properly.

I use THIS to lubricate my slide mechanism.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You have the type of electric slide in this manual.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
A good rundown on rv slides from an rv dealer explaining types and why each type is good for some applications.

Slides

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Slides on TTs are what has given slides bad names. TT walls are generally weaker than motorhomes and the flexing of the slide frames (and slide boxes) have been known to cause issues over time. I'm guessing yours comes with the Schwintech type with the aluminum "gear tracks" top and bottom on the slide sides (and sometimes in the middle, too, on large slides). The very good part of that slide design is that you do not have to worry about jamming crutch tipped pieces of broomstick between the slide top and inside wall when retracted. The Schwintec secures the top of the slide from moving in and out on rough roads that, over time, wrecks the structural integrity of the slide box and the wall frame. If that is your type slide drive, look online for videos on keeping it lubricated. Do that at least once a year. As time goes by the gear tracks get loaded with dust and dirt. I use a rectangular margerine tub with some mineral spirts in it and a 1" chip brush to clean the track before relubricating. Mine are close to 5 years old and still work like new. We are close to 50K on the rig so we use ours a lot.