cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Golf Cart Battery Boxes (Housing)

SoonerWing03
Explorer
Explorer
Where in the world can you purchase them same day? I am having a heck of a time finding them. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Century Plastics makes a box that will hold 4. Other than a battery dealer or auto parts, you cant get that shipped same day, maybe next day. I also saw someone place 4 in a rubber made container. I have two Trojans 125's and buying 2 more T-125's. I'm going to look at the rubber made tote first. Its about half price. Mine will sit inside my fiver cargo bay. If I had a TT I would look no the tork lift box.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a new battery box that sure looks good. Powerarmor Lithium

It is a brand new release. I just received an email from Torklift about it yesterday.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might want to check out BATTERIES PLUS store which most towns have... They carry the DURACELL part number SLIGC110 6V GC2 GOLF12 Battery. This is a 215AH size battery. They had plenty on display and ready for pickup... They also took my 12V Interstate batteries for core replacement... Going here you don't have to join the club like at COSTCO...

I went to the local store with my four 12V Interstate depleted batteries and walked out of there in about ten minutes...

Google image

Probably the TROJAN 6V Batteries are the most well known batteries to use but you pay a lot more for them... Some places you can get them on-line but they have to be shipped to a local dealership somewhere is what I understand. Won't ship direct to your house...

I paid $84.98 each for the four I picked up... This was in APR 2018...
They have been sitting on my work bench until I get my box finished up... I trickle charge them when I see the voltage of two of them in series drop to the 12.4-5VDC level...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You would probably have to go to a dedicated battery type store maybe a Trojan dealer. When you say you are looking for same day it sounds like you're in a hurry so you can use your new batteries. Just be aware that the boxes are mostly cosmetic with the addition of containing leaks if a battery happens to rupture.

So if you just want to go camping and don't have a 6v volt box, just set them in the old 12 volt boxes and leave the lid off, or just put them on the frame, strap them down, and go camping.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am very pleased with the TORKLIFT 59-inch slide off lid battery box...

Google image

This came with a 10-watt SOlar Panel on one end of the slide of lid. I am adding a second one on the other end. Being 59-inches long I will have two groups of GC2 DURACELL Golf Cart 6v Batteries in series. With a BLue Sea Rotary Switch arrangement I can have either OFF-Group I- Both Groups-OFF again...

This will give 215AHs or 430AHs or total disconnect...

The two 10-watt solar panels will keep a good trickle charge on both groups all the time when In high Sun...

This also comes with compartment panels which I have two large compartments on both ends and a 14-inch wide compartment in the middle for my Blue Sea control switches, fuse blocks and bus bars. All connections here uses ring terminal connections... All like cabling is same gauge and length. I also will have two digital VOLTMETERS along with the Blue Sea selector Switch on the front side... This also comes with a full battery width floor battery mat.

The model number I have is the TLA7710RS 58-1/2" x 7-5/8" x 12-3/4" box...

This TORKLIFT 59-inch Diamond plate Battery box will fit my two welded on battery angle rails. The 59-inch battery box will extend out on both sides of the trailer tongue area...

Replacing this group of 12V Interstate Batteries on my Trailer Tongue...

Roy's image

The TORKLIFT battery case gets great reviews from RV users and offers a pretty good challenge for being quickly removed by battery thief. I use the round head stove bolts on the bottom of my trailer frame with all of the nuts and washers on the inside of the locked battery box.. Would take a lot of grinding of the round heads to remove the battery box from the trailer tongue...

I haven't been on the road yet with this setup but from all the local testing I have done here at the home base I think this is going to well worth the $$ spent and effort involved...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS