cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TST 507 parts are expensive.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I decided I should replace the batteries in my TST 507 sensors.

In the past I have found that the O rings can not be reused as I had a couple break during assembly last time I replaced the batteries.

I went to the TST site to order some O rings. They cost $6.95 for a set of 6 with a $6.95 shipping charge.

$6.95 for something that could be sent in an envelope with one possibly two first class stamps??

That comes out to $2.35 per O ring.

Batteries cost about 1/2 as much as the O rings. Amazon has the CR1632 batteries for about $1.12 each for an Energizer brand and free shipping.
36 REPLIES 36

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
Big shout out to "Delphi".
Just bought the Danco #30 model #96744 "O" rings and they are a perfect fit for the TST 507.
The last time I changed batteries was just before leaving on a trip & no time to call TST so I used a small dab of goop glue. Just finished digging out all the goop & the Danco 30 fit perfect.
$2.49 at Lowes for a 10 pack, can't beat it.
Thanks Delphi.....

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
K_and_I wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
" I had a sensor fail. It reported no change in the tire pressure even after the tire had totally ripped itself apart. I no longer trusted the system I had. TST was no help, even though the sensor was less than a year old. I did end up buying a hew TST system as it seems to have the best reputation on the forums"

???

I watch the TP monitor fairly closely. I didn't see any pressure drop. We got to our location for the evening, and saw that one tire was completely shredded. I went back to the truck to check the monitor, and it still showed the tire had normal pressure (with no tire there at all).

My question is why after such poor support would you buy a second system.
If your truck had a engine failure when under warranty and they did not fix the engine would you then go buy a new truck of the same manufacture if it had the best reputation on a forum such as this one?

Possibly. Every company has a defective part or two sneak through. I usually buy items like this based on word of mouth as much as any other factor. If most are having good success with this product, chances are I will too next time around.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
K_and_I wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
" I had a sensor fail. It reported no change in the tire pressure even after the tire had totally ripped itself apart. I no longer trusted the system I had. TST was no help, even though the sensor was less than a year old. I did end up buying a hew TST system as it seems to have the best reputation on the forums"

???

I watch the TP monitor fairly closely. I didn't see any pressure drop. We got to our location for the evening, and saw that one tire was completely shredded. I went back to the truck to check the monitor, and it still showed the tire had normal pressure (with no tire there at all).

My question is why after such poor support would you buy a second system.
If your truck had a engine failure when under warranty and they did not fix the engine would you then go buy a new truck of the same manufacture if it had the best reputation on a forum such as this one?

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:

???

K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
K_and_I wrote:
JoeH wrote:
I've had outstanding customer service from TST. I called when I needed a couple screws for the anti-theft caps and they sent me a package of screws, extra caps, o rings for the valve stem connection and o rings for the battery cap--- all free of charge. I have enough to last a long time

I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I called TST a couple of years ago for o-rings, and was quoted a price and an equal price for shipping. I ended up ordering 2 sets of o-rings since the shipping charge was the same. Last trip (last month), I had a sensor fail. It reported no change in the tire pressure even after the tire had totally ripped itself apart. I no longer trusted the system I had. TST was no help, even though the sensor was less than a year old. I did end up buying a hew TST system as it seems to have the best reputation on the forums, and I wanted the color monitor and repeater. I got it from Great RV Products rather than TST directly.
How do some of you get this stuff sent free?

I suggest you call Mike Benson at 210-420-0132-- He's the sales manager at TST and has been very helpful.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer

???

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip on the HD o rings. I've broken new ones from TST just trying to stretch them on. I never understood why they made them so tight.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
I've had outstanding customer service from TST. I called when I needed a couple screws for the anti-theft caps and they sent me a package of screws, extra caps, o rings for the valve stem connection and o rings for the battery cap--- all free of charge. I have enough to last a long time

I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I called TST a couple of years ago for o-rings, and was quoted a price and an equal price for shipping. I ended up ordering 2 sets of o-rings since the shipping charge was the same. Last trip (last month), I had a sensor fail. It reported no change in the tire pressure even after the tire had totally ripped itself apart. I no longer trusted the system I had. TST was no help, even though the sensor was less than a year old. I did end up buying a hew TST system as it seems to have the best reputation on the forums, and I wanted the color monitor and repeater. I got it from Great RV Products rather than TST directly.
How do some of you get this stuff sent free?
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
Now I know where I'm going tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tip.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
Delphi wrote:
It's the Danco #30 O-Rings (10-Pack), model number #96744, store SKU #584133.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-30-O-Rings-10-Pack-96744/100258166
2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Delphi wrote:
Whenever I asked TST for o-rings, they quoted a high price and I just paid it to get the project done.

This year I decided to look for o-rings elsewhere. I always wondered why TST provided tiny o-rings that need to be stretched SO MUCH to fit. When it's time to replace them a year later, they always crumbled off. That never seemed right.

Anyway I found a set at the local Home Depot's plumbing aisle that fits much better (way less stretching required) for a lower price. It's the Danco #30 O-Rings (10-Pack), model number #96744, store SKU #584133.

I've only had the Home Depot o-rings on for a few weeks, so I don't know how well they'll work in the long-run, but I like the way they fit.
That's odd, the O-rings I have are a perfect fit. I lube them up a bit with some rubber/vitron safe lube and they are as good as new when I change out the batteries a few years down the line.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, IMHO this is an excellent example of this forum can solve a problem 🙂

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Nice HD find and thanks for sharing the info. Will be checking it out.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB