cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boondocking in a national forest

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
we were in some deep woods it was dispersed camping we got a mouse in the house I put 10 pounds of the compartment the sewerrat-mouse bait in every compartment and every drawer outside compartments and inside, drawers and compartments a lot was thrown away. still some smell found him next morning he did stink how best to rid the odd of dead mouse we have been sleeping in the tent we bring for grandkids that were not with us on this trip the best defense is a good offense he got in the compartment with the dump valves my fault i forgot to screw the cover back in the bottom of the compartment and he made it inside 25 years this has never happened especially since we are in a strong well built Monaco, Diplomat. Suggestions for ridding odor thanks
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
8 REPLIES 8

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
dont use poison or that stuff again use a regular old mouse trap with peanut butter that should catch them then they don't disappear and you get rid of them before they rot good luck interesting title for a post about a mouse

Not sure if many people caught your jist, but I sure did. Thanks for the laugh.

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Moth Balls runs them away fast and keeps them out..... Big and small mice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wdoj6Rb9z8
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 peppermint oil and fresh cab have worked better than anything.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
ditto to using an old fashioned mouse trap. we poisoned one and it died in one of the floor vents...uggghhhh. but we managed to get the corpse and the smell out of it after a lot of trying. glue traps work pretty well, too, but are cruel ways to kill.. not too crazy about using them unless necessary.
presently, we are using peppermint oil soaked cotton balls and that seems to work better than any other mouse repellent, and it smells good, too.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
dont use poison or that stuff again use a regular old mouse trap with peanut butter that should catch them then they don't disappear and you get rid of them before they rot good luck interesting title for a post about a mouse
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart Ozium. Done.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can rent a small portable ozone generator which is used to get rid of odors. I have used these on fire restoration, flood, etc and they will remove the odors in a short time.

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
From what I can understand, you successfully killed at least one mouse. It died, somewhere. Now you get to figure out where. There you will find your solution to the stink.

Perhaps the ease of identifying the location of the dead mouse is a benefit of traps?