cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jolly Rodger RV Park

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am thinking about going to the Jolly Rodger park @ Marathon, FL this Dec. need to know the pro's & con's about this park.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
3 REPLIES 3

archbarb
Explorer
Explorer
Been there before. Also great restaurant beside it, or used to be, called The Shipwreck Restaurant. Probably the best Key lime pie I've eaten. We also were on the sea wall, but when we go back I will stay more toward the center of campground. We were there in Nov. and the salt spray and wind were awful on the sea wall.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We have been there in the past. Good people, nice place !

Guy

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed there 3 times I think, it is our preferred spot in Marathon. The best sites are the waterfront ones and they charge extra for them. The 'waterfront' is on their concrete wall around their little bay. They have a marina you can dock your boat at if you have one. Swimming and snorkeling right there in their little bay with small white sand beaches. There are actually things to look at if you snorkel. One thing to know, if there is an onshore wind it will stir up the sediment and reduce visibility to zilch.

Not a fancy resort style park but it has what you need and is cheaper than the ones with a bunch of extras that we will never use anyway.

Do check out the many snorkel/diving boats that run trips out to the reefs. Very much worth the trip(s), not pricey either. They will supply all the gear if you don't have your own.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper