cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which tow package?

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
Setting up a 2013 Honda CR-V for towing. We got a quote from Camping World and a local RV supply/repair shop that has been in business for at least 15 years that i know of. We have a Demco tow bar so just need the tow bracket on the Honda.

The differences between the tow packages
Camping World:
Fusemaster so I don't have to remove the fuse every time we tow. Just flip the switch
Demco Stay In Play Duo braking system so I won't have to put the braking unit in and out every time I tow

Local Shop:
Charge line so I wouldn't have to pull a fuse
RVI 3 Braking system I would have to put the braking unit in and out every time I tow. Also comes with a tablet to view info inside the MH while towing. Also could be used to view other products that can be added later, such as tire pressure monitors.

Pricing is about $450 less at Camping World. By the way, got a quote from the RV dealer. I just laughed at that one.

Any thoughts on which way to go?
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS
3 REPLIES 3

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW CW sounds like a reasonable option. Do a careful online review of any shop.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends upon your camping style. Occasional camping then box brake, switches, rigid tow bar may be OK. But experience is a great teacher.

We've moved up the ladder to easy to attach/detach tow bar, no aux brake parts to move, no switches etc, just plug and play. 6 wire electrical cord includes charge line AND wire from the brake lights to a MH cab light ie independent verification that the toad brakes are engaged.

BTW My first toad was a 1500 lb VW bug that I had to lay on the ground to attach the rigid tow under the car to the front axle. That got old very quick.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Both should work well.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad