Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/19 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

News Flash...

Link

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/19 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read that today. Will be interesting to see what happens. If it did happen FCA and Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi...whatever they would call it would be relatively huge.

Part of the reason for considering I've read is to consolidate costs regarding R+D, particularly now that the age of the EV seems to be looming ever closer, mostly due to different countries in the world, legislation requiring EV vehicles.

FCA and Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi it would seem need to consolidate...merge...whatever term fits...to become as competitive as they possibly can be in this quickly changing automotive world.

GM and Ford, Toyota and Honda are about the only companies that haven't merged with other manufacturers in a big way...and for the first time, I'm starting to think that they too, may well have to consolidate/merge sometime in the future.

Lessee...GM/Ford...Toyota/Honda...or maybe GM/Toyota....or Ford/Honda. Just speculation, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 10-15 years.

As an aside the names would be interesting...would Ford and Honda be Fonda, would GM and Toyota would be ...well I'm not sure. [emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/19 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who wants a shiny new Fonda?? Step on up.
Can see it on the front of a big ole Dooley.......FONDA. Hahaha

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hopefully a merger would mean a return of Renault to the US market. A LeCar or a Fuego makes a great gift to give to your enemies. Not a better paperweight anywhere.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Consolidation is now the rule in all industries. If this happens it would not surprise me.

I’d still rather see FCA team up with Kia/Hyundai or Honda. I think either of those would fill out each other’s product line.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Consolidation is now the rule in all industries. If this happens it would not surprise me.

I’d still rather see FCA team up with Kia/Hyundai or Honda. I think either of those would fill out each other’s product line.

I would be surprised if Honda teamed up with FCA.

Honda is at a different level, from most other automotive companies.

Maybe Kia/Hyundai would be more of a fit with FCA.

All this change, all this consolidating...kind of like musical chairs, except it's very serious. I do believe there will be a big shaking out in the next decade or so and there will be winners and losers, even among the 'merged' companies.

Except in the rounds to come, the losers will be gone, for good.

I'm not sure any company is safe...except perhaps BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Honda.

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perfect fit! A loser and a loser unite to make both be bigger losers. Then they will both disappear and life will still go on and for the better.

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lessmore wrote:

Why would they want to associate themselves with FCA? Kia/Hyundai produces vehicles that are much higher quality than anything FCA has ever produced, or will ever produce. Too bad they don't make trucks.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 03:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The US market is trucks and SUV's. I don't think the US market is a big motivator for this merge. This is about Europe and Asia who's combined market is well over double the US.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

Why would they want to associate themselves with FCA? Kia/Hyundai produces vehicles that are much higher quality than anything FCA has ever produced, or will ever produce. Too bad they don't make trucks.

Except for their 4 cyl engines catching fire.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> FCA Proposes a Merger with Renault
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.