Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Surprised UCLA gone (my alma mater [emoticon] ) ... Florida looks tough, even tho a low seed. Would be nice if Mike Martin went home with a CWS win in his final season ... Forty years in anything (especially putting up with college kids) deserves a prize [emoticon]

Michigan beat UCLA, but I believe Vanderbuilt showed up with the best total package, offense and defense. Just a gut feeling ...

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Vandy is the team to beat. I wasn't able to watch all the games, but did catch some of the Vandy/Duke series. I'm not sure I would rule out Louisville either, but I think they had an easier Regional and Super Regional than the other teams.

FSU has some of the "Cinderella" factor going and it would make for a great story for Martin to win it in his last season, but I'm not sure they have the pitching to last for the whole series, especially if they take an early loss. I guess it is all gravy at this point anyway since I didn't have them beating Georgia to get out of the Regional.

* This post was edited 06/11/19 01:18pm by p220sigman *

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a great statistic and a great record 40-40, Mike Martin. But I wonder how many times we'll hear it over the series. The announcers wore it out during the FSU game ...

Speaking of announcers, the other day (a thread) we were discussing announcers, good or bad surely makes or breaks enjoyment of the game ... That day, I nearly spit out my drink when the announcer called an unassisted 3/6 double play. 1st baseman caught a grounder, stepped on first, threw to second for a tag out. Yes, a double play, but not a true force double play in that sense because the runner is no longer forced once the batter is out at first.

AND certainly NOT unassisted unless he was playing two positions - First and Short. Must be really, really fast on his feet. HAHAHAHAHA made me LOL

Announcers are often like weathermen - state what they think should happen, and call it. Sometimes, an 'opps' after and a correction, often not. Sometimes, it's like they are watching a different game [emoticon]

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, the CWS is set, and I am ready for some great games up and down the brackets. Arkansas has the task of playing the "Old Coach" in their first game. I wish Fl. State well, but in the losers bracket. Overall, I think Vanderbilt will be the one to beat in the finals. Either way, even if you just have a passing interest in baseball, these are the games to watch.

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I notice about College, every player plays every play and every game to win it.

When we watch MLB, it almost seems the first half of the season, the players just warm up and see who falls where before a push at the second half to get into playoffs. Maybe it's related to a fear of injury???

Looking forward to the CWS games, for sure. Altho, we all find it easy to predict and forecast, any team can win on any given day ... I just hope all games stay competitive. I'll be rooting for Martin to carry home that trophy after all this time, but agree Vandy is the team to beat...

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, the Hogs dropped the first game last night. It was a pitchers duel all the way. There was some great defensive plays along the way to support the pitching, when Flowera jumped up and caught the ball on the fence, you could feel air go out of the Razorbacks. Congrats to FL State and also Michigan for their wins. No one expected either team to make it to Omaha, but those boys showed they belong.
Next up for Arkansas is Texas Tech Monday night, loser go home....

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/19 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fun games, regardless of who wins. Even the 0-0 tie going into the ninth was an intense game ... Some great pitching, some good defense.

I got a little tweaked at the "catcher interference" call ... and could see no interference on the replay. Just falling and touching a toe should not interrupt the gameplay. It should be real interferrence - not just a touch. These are top caliber athletes, and should be allowed to play the game as such.

Generally tho, I thought the umps did a good job too ... and that's important for the teams as well, so the team play gains the win or a loss, not the ump calls.

monkey44

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 - tried to PM you about CWS, but it gets rejected??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Who is ready for College baseball regionals and CWS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS