cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elks

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
I am an Elks member and I recently camped at the Elks in Burlington, VT. Memorial Day weekend. I was surprised to be the only one there! Great location on the north side of town near many parks and quiet. Also Littleton, NH Elks has electric hookups for RVs. Rarely used.
5 REPLIES 5

Geobiker
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you need a sponsor to be put up for membership, but if you don't have one, simply call the secretary of the Lodge you wish to join, and I bet there will be a way.

Yes, they want you attending meetings, participating in events, supporting their charities, etc, etc., etc. but it is my experience as a 7 year member that you can be as active or inactive as you wish. Usually there are no pressures, but as in my case it was easy finding what worked for me. Also, many of the Lodges have camping clubs who go on monthly trips together

Good luck and happy travels.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Looks to me like it would be hard to get sponsored and attend meetings when traveling all the time.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is a worthwhile organization. We have been members for a while and take advantage of that while on the road. After driving for a while, setting up camp and wanting to find the hidden places in the area to visit, see and do, there is nothing like the local Elks Lodge.
If they do not offer RV hook-ups and you stay elsewhere, there is usually one near your location.
A place where you can meet friends you never knew you had. A nice adult beverage or two shared with the local folks and they will gladly give you the inside poop on sites to see, best food and anything else you wish to know.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
How does one become an Elk member?

I read it online.... thanks anyway.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are Elks members and we are out West. We use them quite frequently in out travels. Right now, we are in the Boulder City, NV. Elks just a couple miles outside of Sin City, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.