Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Elks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/19 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am an Elks member and I recently camped at the Elks in Burlington, VT. Memorial Day weekend. I was surprised to be the only one there! Great location on the north side of town near many parks and quiet. Also Littleton, NH Elks has electric hookups for RVs. Rarely used.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are Elks members and we are out West. We use them quite frequently in out travels. Right now, we are in the Boulder City, NV. Elks just a couple miles outside of Sin City, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead.

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How does one become an Elk member?

I read it online.... thanks anyway.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/19 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a worthwhile organization. We have been members for a while and take advantage of that while on the road. After driving for a while, setting up camp and wanting to find the hidden places in the area to visit, see and do, there is nothing like the local Elks Lodge.
If they do not offer RV hook-ups and you stay elsewhere, there is usually one near your location.
A place where you can meet friends you never knew you had. A nice adult beverage or two shared with the local folks and they will gladly give you the inside poop on sites to see, best food and anything else you wish to know.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks to me like it would be hard to get sponsored and attend meetings when traveling all the time.

Geobiker

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/19 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, you need a sponsor to be put up for membership, but if you don't have one, simply call the secretary of the Lodge you wish to join, and I bet there will be a way.

Yes, they want you attending meetings, participating in events, supporting their charities, etc, etc., etc. but it is my experience as a 7 year member that you can be as active or inactive as you wish. Usually there are no pressures, but as in my case it was easy finding what worked for me. Also, many of the Lodges have camping clubs who go on monthly trips together

Good luck and happy travels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.