Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love them KOA's

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
So many people like KOA....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-kampgrounds-gun-white-black-mississippi-20190528-xccdwous4...

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
23 REPLIES 23

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
A thread about guns AND racism. What could possibly go wrong?

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Just another excuse for a KOA bashing thread. Pretty pitiful. This has nothing to do with the fact it was a KOA.

Yes, it absolutely does. She's wearing a KOA shirt, the CG is a franchise of KOA, so yes, she's representing KOA.

KOA is the Super 8 of CGs. Some are just excellent. Some are nothing but dumps with rude employees. If KOA as a company doesn't mind a poor reputation because they don't have a consistent set of standards, that's on them.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œNo oneโ€ means zero.

Doesnโ€™t take much searching to find that thereโ€™s gun crime in Canada too. Itโ€™s cited on .ca websites, along with the fact that itโ€™s been on the rise recently, enough so to get the governmentโ€™s attention and create initiatives to combat it. Yep, itโ€™s less than in the US, but itโ€™s not nonexistent.

Thereโ€™s also racism in Canada too. Doesnโ€™t take much searching to find that either.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Orville Redenbacher could not produce enough popcorn to support this thread lol. As far as Canada, eh, thanks for the advice, I think I will stay down here.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
^ or stay down there. that's good too
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Come to Canada. No one will wave a hand gun at you.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
She is lucky she did not shoot herself. I like KOA and I am sure this will get resolved properly.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
RGar974417 wrote:
While what this woman did was wrong and stupid,maybe you need to look at some statistics on who commits most of the murders in this country and that blacks are 9 times more likely to be killed by other blacks. Why you would even post something like this is beyond me.

Why you would post this is beyond me.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
While what this woman did was wrong and stupid,maybe you need to look at some statistics on who commits most of the murders in this country and that blacks are 9 times more likely to be killed by other blacks. Why you would even post something like this is beyond me.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Just another excuse for a KOA bashing thread. Pretty pitiful. This has nothing to do with the fact it was a KOA.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
The woman was the manager and has been fired according to a news report. I`m sure there is more to follow.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Adding racism and guns sure puts a different spin on being told to leave private property you had no right to be on. Private parks generally have no shortage of "guests must register in office" and "registered guests only" signs. Other than the trespasser's word (and that is what they would be if the ignored such signage and entered anyway) I fail to see a single speck of corroboration the entire story is true. Wouldn't be the first time a false narrative was used to promote someone's position is it Mr. Smollett.

The couple claim they had permission from the KOA office, but there's no corroboration in the article.

"The black couple explained to the armed woman they were told by the campโ€™s office that they didnโ€™t need a reservation to use Oktibbeha County Lake."
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Where is Paul Harvey when you need him? I think we need to hear... the rest of the story.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Adding racism and guns sure puts a different spin on being told to leave private property you had no right to be on. Private parks generally have no shortage of "guests must register in office" and "registered guests only" signs. Other than the trespasser's word (and that is what they would be if the ignored such signage and entered anyway) I fail to see a single speck of corroboration the entire story is true. Wouldn't be the first time a false narrative was used to promote someone's position is it Mr. Smollett.