Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: $100 per night
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/19 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently stayed (again) at the Mount Pleasant / Charleston SC KOA. About $75 a night. Very nice well maintained. Always plenty of staff picking things up, trimming trees, cutting grass. Place is always spotless. Plenty of stuff for kids to do, nice walking trail, pool, frisbee golf course. It is well worth a premium price. Being where they are, and how much property they have ( and have to pay taxes on) I can understand the higher rates.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 05:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supply and Demand...if they weren't getting people to pay it, you wouldn't see $100/night.

If you really want to stay there buck up and pay. Otherwise vote with your feet and go somewhere else.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/19 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm at Ft Wilderness right now and my premium site is well is over $100.00 and there are lots of $100.00+ sites in Florida. When we leave here next Wednesday we will enjoy a $60.00/night waterfront site in Port St. Joe, FL for one night and then on to Panama City Beach for 2 nights at over $100.00. Then home where my site is $75.00/month. But it has been a great vacation so far and well worth it.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 05:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try finding an oceanfront campground in the Myrtle Beach area, or anywhere around Disneyworld for a nice campground, for less than $100/night (full hook ups) during the summer! The more "resort like" campgrounds get, with all the bells and whistles so many are now looking for, the more they're going to cost! Would like to know how much a decent motel room, at a place with a pool, scheduled activities, store, etc. would cost in the same area? Bet it's a good bit more than the cost of a campsite, and you still have to go out to eat every meal! We often seek out state parks where we can, but still find the cost of a campsite almost always much less expensive than anyplace else to stay - and you're in your own bed every night!
As was said, supply and demand - open market! If people pay it, owners will ask for it to be paid. DH is a retired tax assessor - he told me campgrounds often pay through the nose in property taxes - land values are determined as commercial property, and some states determine taxable value based on the number of campsites available and income each produces. OUCH!

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why I have a campground membership.

ONe week. JUST ONE WEEK at a KOA.. What I pay in dues for the entire year.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

I'll find a place to boondock.

x2. Or just avoid WA.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/19 06:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For some people glamping is the way to go. You need to start with an RV that is as big as a house and costs well into the 6 figures. Next would be sewer, water, and a 50 amp electric service. Then you get a nice 10 foot strip of manicured grass in all directions around the RV. A high daily fee also helps keep out the riffraff.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/19 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$200/night if you would like to visit the Key's. Blue Water Key RV Resort gets all they can and they stay booked up!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

That's the price for a 1 night stay at the KOA in Leavenworth Wa.
And...?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 07:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Why I have a campground membership.

ONe week. JUST ONE WEEK at a KOA.. What I pay in dues for the entire year.
So your dues amount to around $250/year? Good price. The nearest KOA to us is about $35/night.

Last time I checked it was a free country and they can charge whatever they wish. If people find it attractive enough it will survive, if not... And of course some people feel that paying for a campground when you're not even using it is pretty silly. Kind of like a timeshare.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.