Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Direct TV turn off date
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV turn off date

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Will it? At a price that will allow the streaming to run 12+ hours a day for a family of 4 using something like 12 different devices?

Cant see why not, my home internet allows that, it will at least give 24/7 streaming on the road in a RV..
But there won't be any competition from cable or satellite TV, so do you really think internet providers will keep supplying you cheaply? Not very likely.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Will it? At a price that will allow the streaming to run 12+ hours a day for a family of 4 using something like 12 different devices?

Cant see why not, my home internet allows that, it will at least give 24/7 streaming on the road in a RV..

How is it that you are comparing home internet to internet available on the road? Are you using cellular or satellite at home? If cellular, what plan are you using that give you that good 24/7 streaming? If it's cable, you need to drop this discussion.
Also, do you ever go where cellular signals are weak/useless? I sure do but maybe you only camping in big cities. If you are using any of the satellite options (or plan to do so) you are also limited to where you park and the equipment is quite bulky.
Even if Elon can get enough satellites up there, the billions in dollars must be recovered and that will not be cheap.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

kellertx5er

Keller TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gemsworld wrote:

Timmac,

Are you a disgruntled former satellite TV employee? Asking for a friend.

[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

beachcomber_1

Alton, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One last comment before I leave this topic. For all of those saying streaming is the way. I camp in many places that have next to nothing in cell or internet services. Streaming is not always an option. many of the best places are off the beaten track.

* This post was edited 06/06/19 07:09am by beachcomber_1 *

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heck, I am in Kearney, NE (home of the Archway Museum) and I can barely get on line with both either AT&T or T-Mobile. Streaming TV tonight? Not a chance! So happy to be watching OTA TV for the 5 o'clock news and watching satellite TV for everything else.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV turn off date
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.