cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adios...Again!

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 99.9% sure we're done for a long time! I prefer truck campers, tried several with the wife, unfortunately didn't work. She loves hittin the road in a TT. I get to keep my expensive fishing boat, she gets a TT! Now I'm gonna fish from shore when camping. When not camping, my residence is 2 minutes from the boat launch (Puget Sound), I will still fish from my boat a LOT. We both win I guess...
My Host Cascade that we had built and owned for 13 months was AWESOME. Fortunately I got out of it for just a smidge less ($900) than I bought it for. The tax beat me up a bit, but we used it a bunch and had some great adventures. If anyone is going to buy a new TC, buy from Apachee. Go straight to Kevin Baker (owner), he's straight forward and will get you the best price, anywhere. I got mine super cheap, including at 2018 prices when it was one of the first 2019's.
New rig (through Apachee) is a little ORV Creekside 21RD. Simple well built rig that should be easy to get in to tight spots and off grid. It will completely fit under my carport and will be good for what we do, weekend mostly trips.
Thanks for all the support during my camper years (Snow River, Adventurer 910DB, Host Cascade), learned a ton here.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
12 REPLIES 12

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Area13 wrote:
. . . If anyone is going to buy a new TC, buy from Apachee. Go straight to Kevin Baker (owner), he's straight forward and will get you the best price, anywhere . . .
I've worked several issues with Kevin Baker over the last 6-months. Yup, a very honest (tell-it-like-it-is), customer oriented guy.

Congrats on the new ORV! One of the better-built TT's out there.

Bigfeets
Explorer
Explorer
Any have an email address for Kevin Barker with Apache?

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Congrats on the ORV 21RD. ORV or Northwood TTs are at the top of my list.
I almost bought a 21RBS last year. I liked the 20RD too, except for the small table and u shaped dinette.

21RD gives you the normal dinette (or lounge chairs) and a normal queen bed.

I ended up finding a good deal on this one (pre-owned) and saved a bunch of money.

Agreed, great built rigs. The Nash is nice and similar floorplan with no slide, big back window dinette, love it. We (the Wife) wanted a N/S walk around bed, so that moved us to ORV 21RD. Pick it up Friday, will be our guest cabin along with 8-10 trips a year we're thinking, razor clam digs and such.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
billyray50 wrote:
Pros and cons and tradeoffs with any style of RV. Got to find what works best for ones situation. Hosts are nice but we could not do long term in any TC. Thats why we have a 42 foot FW and now sold the 2014 Adventurer 910DB. I did go by a 2015 Lance 1050s after 6 months. Cannot seem to stay away from TCs yet. Little bigger and better layout than 910db. We use it for shorter trips and places the FW cant go. All the best to you.

Best of both worlds! I'm thinkin that too with the TT and Boat.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I am 2x Apache customer too. They have been great and work to build repeat customers rather than just making a quick sale.

The best, agreed.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Faststreak wrote:
Love my Cascade. Also traveled to Apache to get it. I too pull my bass boat behind my TC. Enjoy your new adventure

Thanks Eddie.Glad your setup is working for you and the misses, Cascade is an awesome camper.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats on the ORV 21RD. ORV or Northwood TTs are at the top of my list.
I almost bought a 21RBS last year. I liked the 20RD too, except for the small table and u shaped dinette.

21RD gives you the normal dinette (or lounge chairs) and a normal queen bed.

I ended up finding a good deal on this one (pre-owned) and saved a bunch of money.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun with new setup.
In over 30 years of RVing, I we did own all kind but 5th wheel.
Moved to TC from 40' bus conversion, but at the time when sons moved out, so we are fine in it.
In 2017 we slept over 100 nights in TC, what was when house sold and we had lot of stuff in it.
I made a bracket to carry 16' canoe on top of TC, so lot of combinations possible and likely you can do one easy on your TT.
Add a battery + electric motor and you don't need boat anymore for fishing.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Pros and cons and tradeoffs with any style of RV. Got to find what works best for ones situation. Hosts are nice but we could not do long term in any TC. Thats why we have a 42 foot FW and now sold the 2014 Adventurer 910DB. I did go by a 2015 Lance 1050s after 6 months. Cannot seem to stay away from TCs yet. Little bigger and better layout than 910db. We use it for shorter trips and places the FW cant go. All the best to you.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Too fare for me to go, I'm at the other end of the country. I deal with Outpost RV in Goshen, Indiana. Same deal, no push, no pressure you deide and then the quote you a price and usually it's better than anyone else plus they have a huge service department and hookups right in the lot (for overnighters).
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Bedlam
I am 2x Apache customer too. They have been great and work to build repeat customers rather than just making a quick sale.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Cascade. Also traveled to Apache to get it. I too pull my bass boat behind my TC. Enjoy your new adventure