cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jensen awm965 headphones???

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
So I have a Jensen AWM965 DVD unit with a small TV above near our bunk beds in the back of our Class C. There appears to be no way to get the audio to headphones. What kind of major oversight is this? The only audio outputs appear to be to the speakers themselves and the audio isn't even sent up to the TV.

Am I missing something or is this just how it is??
2 REPLIES 2

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen any RV entertainment system with a headphone jack.
You could hookup the RCA jacks to a Y-jack adapter.
Most RV systems are far away from seating and would require a long cord.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same unit, or very similar. There is no headphone jack. I pulled the unit out to look at how it's wired. There are speaker outputs on the back of the unit. I used an Adjustable Line Output Converter. I pulled the RCA inputs that come from where the TV is and connected them to the output converter. Then connected the wires from one set of the speaker outputs to the converter. That reroutes the sound to go out and back to the TV. Simply connect the RCA connectors to the Audio In jacks on the TV, set the speakers on the Jensen to A, B, or C depending on which output wires you use, then use the headphone jack on the TV.

A couple of years ago we bought a refurb Blueray player and put the whole thing back to the factory setup to use the speakers in the trailer.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)