Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Water not working at all through city, but it's on outside.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Water not working at all through city, but it's on outside.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/19 11:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep This has happened to me a few times with the inlet check Valve behind the screen sticking so I just grab it with needle nose pliers and pull it back and forth to loosen it up watch out though when you unstick the valve it will spray ya in the face with a shot of water
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Check the city water connection inlet screen,,,,and the city water inlet check valve

Either one or both will cause little to no flow from hose to RV

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2004 2500HD GMC Short Bed, LB7 Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

kellertx5er

Keller TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Memphisdoug wrote:

Could also be a bad pressure regulator if you are using one.

X2 Check the regulator.

Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

GHop

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RP, can you give an update regarding your issue.

G.H.

melissajean0

Earth

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GHop wrote:

RP, can you give an update regarding your issue.

Sorry yall. We've been away and haven't checked it yet. My husbands supposed to do it tomorrow night. I have to be out from 930pm until 430am so he's going to do it then so it doesn't disturb me. lol I will definitely let yall know what happens. Thanks again for the suggestions; I've given him the rundown you guys gave me.

Husband: Jeremy; 1 Springer Spaniel; 1 Toy Schnauzer
F350 SD 4x4
Ford Edge
2008 Forest River Sandpiper
AL, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MS, MO, NM, TN, TX, UT, WY, OK, KS
London, UK, Ipswich, UK.

melissajean0

Earth

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, we're less concerned with the water issue right now because we can just use the pump in the time being. But the clogged sink is a completely bigger problem. Jeremy took a snake put it down the drain under the sink. He said he felt something give and water flowed. I got home this morning and started cleaning. I washed the dishes, let the sink drain and it was stopped up again. I don't understand what is going on. I'm ready to pull my hair out with this **** 5th wheel. If it weren't for us having so many other financial obligations right now I'd trade this pos in. Water issues, clogged sink, I've had enough. We live in here full time because we travel for his work, so we don't have another choice right now. [emoticon]

Johnnybgood

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you checked the trap under the sink? That would be the first thing I would check. Get a bucket first.

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tips for kitchen sinks. Scrape plates, pans and utensils into the garbage before washing. Use a spatula or scraper to get them as clean as you can. Use a basin to wash in instead of the sink. Dump the basin into the black tank and only rinse the washed dishes in the sink. Repeat as necessary. PITA, but this helps by 1) keeping stuff out of the smaller kitchen plumbing and the grey tank that can gunk up the works and 2) puts more water in the black tank, which is always a good idea. [emoticon]

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 62 Year Member

melissajean0

Earth

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johnnybgood wrote:

Have you checked the trap under the sink? That would be the first thing I would check. Get a bucket first.

Yes, he checked it this morning. You mean the part thats connected to the sink thats like a "u shape"? He went through all of those pipes.

melissajean0

Earth

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

Tips for kitchen sinks. Scrape plates, pans and utensils into the garbage before washing. Use a spatula or scraper to get them as clean as you can. Use a basin to wash in instead of the sink. Dump the basin into the black tank and only rinse the washed dishes in the sink. Repeat as necessary. PITA, but this helps by 1) keeping stuff out of the smaller kitchen plumbing and the grey tank that can gunk up the works and 2) puts more water in the black tank, which is always a good idea. [emoticon]

Lyle

That really is a good idea. Now to get it unclogged lol.

2chiefsRus

USA Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe something like this could help.It sounds like maybe something is may have gotten put down the drain that shouldn't be there. Something that moves when pushed by the snake but that didn't actually clear out.

Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime since October 2007
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Water not working at all through city, but it's on outside.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.