cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sequoia national park

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are planning to visit Sequoia national park next month (6/2019). Any suggestions/recommendations on things to do and where to stay? family with small kids on a small class C. thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Sequoia RV Ranch. You can get sites on the Kaweah River (small river). There is another private park close by. I think it's called Sequoia Campground & Lodge (formerly Kaweah Park Resort). There is Lake Kaweah close by. Call ahead to Sequoia Ranch RV as there may be a high water level from runoff from melting snow. They had a lot this winter. There may still be snow in Sequoia National Park at the higher elevations but still worth the trip and the roads should be clear. It's over 100 Degrees this week in the lower Valley.
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crystal Cave is nice, but not for kids under three. They get badly scared when the ranger turns out the light so we can all enjoy total blackness. Ask how I know this.

Great year for Sequoia -- lots of snowmelt! If the kids are old enough to walk a few miles, Tokopah Falls is amazing. And of course Giant Forest.

The hard part will be finding a vacancy in a campground -- the opening is delayed a little due to the snowpack. Dorst is nice, and so is Lodgepole.

How old are the kids, if I may ask? And how many days do you have for this part of your trip?
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Not much for kids to do."
That depends on how you raise them.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Camped there many, many, moons ago. Always wanted to visit Crystal Cave.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take your kids out and show them some of the grandest trees on Earth. Play in a creek. Look for birds. Go out in the evening and look for deer. Start a pine cone collection. Start a rock collection. Go for a hike. Buy them some ice cream.

Cayote_Melon
Explorer
Explorer
Check at the Visitors Center and see if they have a Junior Ranger program there. Lots of activities for the kiddos.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
unless you are a hiker/photographer about the only thing to do is stand around and admire very large trees.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If small children canโ€™t have fun in a redwood forest without structured activities we are all in big trouble.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Since we are seniors, we stay in the park at the south entrance. Not much for small kids to do.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos