cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Fleetwood Revolution Running Lights not working.

MyBus2017
Explorer
Explorer
Have no running lights. Headlights, dash lights are working. Can’t seem to figure it out.
13 REPLIES 13

19bigred59
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having the same problem with my 2007 fleetwood revolution le 40v I've checked and rechecked all the fuses and relays wondering if you ever figure your's out

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
sprintmod1 wrote:
Years ago I had a 2005 American Coach Tradition, basically the same or similar coach.

We had problems with the running lights and right side turn signals not working. Fuses and batteries and relays all good.

There is a big, maybe 2" round, plastic type grommit that goes through the fire wall under the entry steps to the outside front behind the fiberglass front cap.

It is there to make it clean and easy for the wires to pass through the fire wall. What happened in our case is on the outside where the wires pass through the plastic, it gets constantly wet from washing and driving in the rain. Along with the poor roads here in the northeast, the wires corroded and broke. So, sometimes they made contact and worked and other times they didnt work.

We chased that problem for weeks. If I remember correctly, we cut the brown wire marked running lights and the yellow wire marked turn signal, drilled through the plastic grommit and then ran a new through, soldered and heat shrinked it and never had that problem again.

Good luck, I hate electrical problems.!

I've heard of this many times with certain American Coaches.
However, on the Revolution, there is no wiring, passing through the under step storage.
Still betting on a bad ground return, in this case, with what the OP has been saying.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I had a 2005 American Coach Tradition, basically the same or similar coach.

We had problems with the running lights and right side turn signals not working. Fuses and batteries and relays all good.

There is a big, maybe 2" round, plastic type grommit that goes through the fire wall under the entry steps to the outside front behind the fiberglass front cap.

It is there to make it clean and easy for the wires to pass through the fire wall. What happened in our case is on the outside where the wires pass through the plastic, it gets constantly wet from washing and driving in the rain. Along with the poor roads here in the northeast, the wires corroded and broke. So, sometimes they made contact and worked and other times they didnt work.

We chased that problem for weeks. If I remember correctly, we cut the brown wire marked running lights and the yellow wire marked turn signal, drilled through the plastic grommit and then ran a new through, soldered and heat shrinked it and never had that problem again.

Good luck, I hate electrical problems.!
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

MyBus2017
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyone’s input. Always something to learn. I’ll keep on working at this.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
MyBus2017 wrote:
Pulled every fuse checked, switched relays. Still no running or tail lights. Maybe relay in poplocks security system, only other thing that has to do with lights. Any fuse box found other then drivers compartment nothing to do with running lights. Rear rh compartment engine and transmission fuse box. Back to square 1. Security system might be the problem, hope! Thanks for your input.

I'm thinking more and more, that you've lost a ground return.
Open a tail light and use a long wire for going directly to the neg. term. on the chassis batteries.
If you'd like a wiring diagram of such, send me an IM with your email addy.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Try live chat with Fleetwood. They used to be pretty good about that stuff.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Had similar problem years ago in a Chinook. The coach, brake and headlights were powered from an additional battery. This battery was 'Supposed' to be charged by the engine alternator. The automotive relay that was 'Supposed' to parallel it to the engine battery while driving had failed. SOooo, that battery was not being charged while driving. Eventually, it went dead. No lights as you describe.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

MyBus2017
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled every fuse checked, switched relays. Still no running or tail lights. Maybe relay in poplocks security system, only other thing that has to do with lights. Any fuse box found other then drivers compartment nothing to do with running lights. Rear rh compartment engine and transmission fuse box. Back to square 1. Security system might be the problem, hope! Thanks for your input.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
MyBus2017 wrote:
Drivers side compartment only fuse panel with light checked all found one blown replaced still no tail or running lights. It’s a Fleetwood Revolution LE bath and 1/2 model.

So a LE 40E, just like my 07.
Think I'd have another look see at the fuses and relays in that compartment. Look for the labeling and pull any one of them that looks even close. This goes for switching out like relays, as well and am not sure if the running lights have a relay in the circuit or not. RL8 is labeled...MARKER...so that might be it, if you're sure of all the fuses.
Don't discount the panel in the storage compartment, just in front of the filter bay, either.
Doubtful for it to be in the battery compartment, but doesn't hurt to see what is in there, while you're at it. It mostly has battery control stuff, like the big relay for closing the battery banks together and such.
Losing a ground wire somewhere along the way, will kill them too, so you might get a meter and connect one lead to a good ground somewhere else, while checking for voltage at one of the lights.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
No panel in front under the windshield above generator??
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

MyBus2017
Explorer
Explorer
Drivers side compartment only fuse panel with light checked all found one blown replaced still no tail or running lights. It’s a Fleetwood Revolution LE bath and 1/2 model.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
MyBus2017 wrote:
Have no running lights. Headlights, dash lights are working. Can’t seem to figure it out.

Which floor plan, do you have?
Do you have chassis fuses and relays, in the driver's side front compartment, which is the most likely place to look.
There's also chassis fuses and relays, in a right side compartment near the rear and also in the battery compartment.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Have you cheched in all fuse panels that there are no blown fusees?

Yor unit may have more than one fuse panel and more than one fuse for the lights.

navegator