Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2005 Fleetwood Revolution Running Lights not working.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> 2005 Fleetwood Revolution Running Lights not working.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
MyBus2017

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/19 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for everyone’s input. Always something to learn. I’ll keep on working at this.

sprintmod1

Allentown, PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 09:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago I had a 2005 American Coach Tradition, basically the same or similar coach.

We had problems with the running lights and right side turn signals not working. Fuses and batteries and relays all good.

There is a big, maybe 2" round, plastic type grommit that goes through the fire wall under the entry steps to the outside front behind the fiberglass front cap.

It is there to make it clean and easy for the wires to pass through the fire wall. What happened in our case is on the outside where the wires pass through the plastic, it gets constantly wet from washing and driving in the rain. Along with the poor roads here in the northeast, the wires corroded and broke. So, sometimes they made contact and worked and other times they didnt work.

We chased that problem for weeks. If I remember correctly, we cut the brown wire marked running lights and the yellow wire marked turn signal, drilled through the plastic grommit and then ran a new through, soldered and heat shrinked it and never had that problem again.

Good luck, I hate electrical problems.!

2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sprintmod1 wrote:

Years ago I had a 2005 American Coach Tradition, basically the same or similar coach.

We had problems with the running lights and right side turn signals not working. Fuses and batteries and relays all good.

There is a big, maybe 2" round, plastic type grommit that goes through the fire wall under the entry steps to the outside front behind the fiberglass front cap.

It is there to make it clean and easy for the wires to pass through the fire wall. What happened in our case is on the outside where the wires pass through the plastic, it gets constantly wet from washing and driving in the rain. Along with the poor roads here in the northeast, the wires corroded and broke. So, sometimes they made contact and worked and other times they didnt work.

We chased that problem for weeks. If I remember correctly, we cut the brown wire marked running lights and the yellow wire marked turn signal, drilled through the plastic grommit and then ran a new through, soldered and heat shrinked it and never had that problem again.

Good luck, I hate electrical problems.!

I've heard of this many times with certain American Coaches.
However, on the Revolution, there is no wiring, passing through the under step storage.
Still betting on a bad ground return, in this case, with what the OP has been saying.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

19bigred59

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm having the same problem with my 2007 fleetwood revolution le 40v I've checked and rechecked all the fuses and relays wondering if you ever figure your's out

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> 2005 Fleetwood Revolution Running Lights not working.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS