Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Did this ever happen to you?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Did this ever happen to you?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup. Washington, DC, about 20 years ago. Mailed 'em a letter pointing out the fact that my vehicle did not match the description of the offending vehicle, and besides, I was prepared to bring witnesses to court that I wasn't in DC on the date in question. Never heard back. Statute of Limitations now makes the matter moot.

azwildcat

Falls Church VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years ago I received a ticket in the mail for some type of traffic violation about 3:00 am in Washington DC. The vehicle in question was the wife's. She has a unique license plate number--all numbers. Month, day, year of our wedding. The picture they sent with the ticket to prove their case was of a police car with the exact same number painted on the roof of the police car. The lady I spoke with at the DC police ticked enforcement office was somewhat embarrassed.

Skyberg01

Renner SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I once had a parking ticket on my car that someone took off their car and put on mine. I observed what they did from the window of a store that I was in. After they left, I put ONE CENT in the envelope and deposited it in a "pay ticket" box on the meter post. I have often wondered how they came out.

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/19 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favourite parking ticket story was from a few years ago. A driver had applied for a personilised plate, and as well as a first choice plate, the form included a space for a second choice. He was only interested in his first choice and so wrote "No Plate" in the second choice section.
Sure enough, a few weeks later he received his new plates, showing 'No Plate'. He thought it funny so stuck them on his car. Shortly after that, he started to receive parking tickets, that clearly were not his. When he contacted the DMV, he was told that when a parking ticket was written for an abandoned vehicle that was missing its plate , "No Plate" was recorded, and he was now getting all these tickets!

Everyone has an accent, Yes, even you! ">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Did this ever happen to you?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.