cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tecma Toilet

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Toilet is not flushing and no flush ready lights are present....green, yellow or red!
However it does have main power and also to the pad, shown by the blue lit toilet indicators.
At this point, I'm blaming it on the pad itself and am about to try dis-assembling it.
Anyone had this experience???
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)
8 REPLIES 8

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
As for my Tecma's woes, it was all working fine again, this morning.
Go figure and now, I just know when it might fail again....grrrrr!
Can't blame this phenomenon on anything except tropical heat, while it was sitting in a shop's lot over the weekend.

I saved my intermittent controller just in case I have another failure, it may work in a pinch. I have two Techma's.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Westenthal wrote:
Just replaced my touchpad. It still flushed but a lot of pressure had to be applied. I was really shocked when I called my motorhome manufacturer to order on. They wanted over $325.00. I ordered same one from Amazon for $125.00. Since my wiring was good I just cut the wires holding the old touchpad and installed the new one with wiring
connectors. It now works great again.

Yeah and the controller can be upwards of $300, with a little savings from eBay. Ridiculous for what can be made in China for a few bucks.
All because they can. I did find the darn thing, hidden behind all the rubber hoses, so that might be a chore of sorts to change out.

As for my Tecma's woes, it was all working fine again, this morning.
Go figure and now, I just know when it might fail again....grrrrr!
Can't blame this phenomenon on anything except tropical heat, while it was sitting in a shop's lot over the weekend.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

Westenthal
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced my touchpad. It still flushed but a lot of pressure had to be applied. I was really shocked when I called my motorhome manufacturer to order on. They wanted over $325.00. I ordered same one from Amazon for $125.00. Since my wiring was good I just cut the wires holding the old touchpad and installed the new one with wiring
connectors. It now works great again.
Westenthal

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
tropical36 wrote:

Yep, that's the touch pad, I have.
However my toilet is the Tecma Easy Fit, not the Silence Plus.
So you're saying that the control box is not the flush pad and is located under the toilet?

Correct, the toilet is bolted down, be careful when you screw it in after the repair as the porcelain is easily broken. I was able to pull the toilet away from the wall and replace that module without disconnecting any hoses, it was an easy job.

The link was the first I came across so the parts on yours may be different. Call

Mine is already away from the wall.
I've been into all the connectors and wiring.
I'll have a better look at it today, now that I have some idea of what I'm looking for.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:

So you're saying that the control box is not the flush pad and is located under the toilet?

Correct, the toilet is bolted down, be careful when you screw it in after the repair as the porcelain is easily broken. I was able to pull the toilet away from the wall and replace that module without disconnecting any hoses, it was an easy job.

The link was the first I came across so the parts on yours may be different. Call
Jim

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
I now have a green light, from all the fooling around with it, I guess. Still no flushing, however!!
It was sitting for a couple of days without power and whereas it got pretty warm inside, for whatever that might have done for it.
Now were back with cooling ac again, so..........

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
One of mine was intermittent, changed the control box which fixed it. Had to pull the toilet off the floor but didn't have to disconnect the hose. I have not heard of the switch panel going bad although possible.

Do you have the two button panel with the tank level light?

Techma parts My bad control was like the 38646 part.

Thanks for the link, as I may need it.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
One of mine was intermittent, changed the control box which fixed it. Had to pull the toilet off the floor but didn't have to disconnect the hose. I have not heard of the switch panel going bad although possible.

Do you have the two button panel with the tank level light?

Techma parts My bad control was like the 38646 part.
Jim