cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pennsylvania Inspection Sticker Location

camilllit
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 12 month old 2018 5vr and its again due for it's annual inspection. I can't find the 2018 inspection sticker anywhere.
Tomorrow, where should the inspection station locate the new 2019 Pennsylvania inspection sticker?
12 REPLIES 12

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
camilllit wrote:
I've since read ...........first front window on driver side of rv. We found it, it was on driver side of the pin box!!!!!!! You can hardly see it, an inspection sticker on a black surface.

Thatโ€™s it!
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
lacnox, PA. state inspection is nothing like the Lonestar inspection. Been though both and they are not comparable.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
sayoung wrote:
laknox wrote:
pinesman wrote:
In Virginia, a lot of them used to be placed on a driver's side window. A couple years back they changed it to the pinbox or tongue of the trailer here. It would be good if all states used the same location but that probably will not happen.

Inspesions? We don' need no steenkin' inspesions in Norte Mexico, I mean Arizona! :B

Lyle

Texas started this absurdity several years back. Here it's gvwr over 7700 or so because the boating industry had a great lobbiest so ithats why it's not lower. It's a pain as only certain stations can inspect & the rv must be inside the shop other than the brake check. The only good part is no sticker any longer, just a paper to carry with you but it's on the computer.

Any way to make more cash...:M

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
pinesman wrote:
In Virginia, a lot of them used to be placed on a driver's side window. A couple years back they changed it to the pinbox or tongue of the trailer here. It would be good if all states used the same location but that probably will not happen.

Inspesions? We don' need no steenkin' inspesions in Norte Mexico, I mean Arizona! :B

Lyle

Texas started this absurdity several years back. Here it's gvwr over 7700 or so because the boating industry had a great lobbiest so ithats why it's not lower. It's a pain as only certain stations can inspect & the rv must be inside the shop other than the brake check. The only good part is no sticker any longer, just a paper to carry with you but it's on the computer.

camilllit
Explorer
Explorer
I've since read ...........first front window on driver side of rv. We found it, it was on driver side of the pin box!!!!!!! You can hardly see it, an inspection sticker on a black surface.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
PA here. First window on the drivers side. Which puts mine about half way back the 5th wheel.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
pinesman wrote:

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I found this regarding PA Inspection sticker location. It appears it goes on the side of the trailer, 6' up toward the front but not on the nose.

On trailers, the certificate of inspection shall be affixed, in an upright position, to the left frontโ€”traffic sideโ€”of the trailer, approximately 6 feet high, if possible. The certificate may not be placed on the nose or front side of the trailer. A holder is permitted if it is in the proper location and the certificate of inspection is affixed to prevent theft or transfer to another vehicle. The new certificate of inspection may not be placed over the old certificate of inspection.

I referenced this site for the information: Click
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Most of ours when we lived in Pa were always on the first window on the drivers side except in a 5th wheel were they are up high in the front.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We bought two trailers in PA and they came with state inspections from the dealer. One sticker was on the back window and one on the drivers front. No consistency except they were on windows.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly it was not previously inspected or the sticker was lost/stolen?

The inspection station will know where to place the sticker.