cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Rambler Prodigy

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
First post in Class C, as I have a Class A and spend most of my time over there!

My question is..... are there any opinions (good or bad) on the 2019 Holiday Rambler Prodigy? We are considering downsizing, but upgrading our current 1999 36' Class A Endeavor gasser.

We are also interested in looking at the Winnebago Navion, so any opinions on that one or similar models are appreciated!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------
3 REPLIES 3

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
10forty2 wrote:
Gjac wrote:
....... I would look carefully at the CCC of any MH's you are considering. This info is sometimes hard to find on the MFG web sites. From what I have seen the sprinter models don't have as much as the gas models. Also I would try to find a model with the large pass thru storage bay in the rear, going from a Class A to a small C storage will be a lot less.

Good points! I'm not sure how to figure the CCC, but if I combine the listed axle weights at 12,130lbs, and subtract the GVWR of 10,858lbs, I get 1,272lbs left. So I would make a guess that with a full tank of fuel at 29 gallons at roughly 7lbs/gal being 203lbs, that leaves just north of 1,000lbs for people and cargo/food/water/beverage, etc. IS that the right way?
Something looks wrong in your axle weight ratings they should add up to your GVWR. The best way to calculate the CCC is to take the UVW(unloaded vehicle weight) subtract it from the GVWR and that will tell you what you can add in people, fluids, food and other stuff without exceeding your GVWR. Sometimes they post this on the inside door. It my say CCC or OCCC. These are hard to find on MFG web sites, so you may have to call the mfg.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
....... I would look carefully at the CCC of any MH's you are considering. This info is sometimes hard to find on the MFG web sites. From what I have seen the sprinter models don't have as much as the gas models. Also I would try to find a model with the large pass thru storage bay in the rear, going from a Class A to a small C storage will be a lot less.

Good points! I'm not sure how to figure the CCC, but if I combine the listed axle weights at 12,130lbs, and subtract the GVWR of 10,858lbs, I get 1,272lbs left. So I would make a guess that with a full tank of fuel at 29 gallons at roughly 7lbs/gal being 203lbs, that leaves just north of 1,000lbs for people and cargo/food/water/beverage, etc. IS that the right way?
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am in the same boat as you in looking for a smaller C. I looked at their web site but could not find any specs. I would look carefully at the CCC of any MH's you are considering. This info is sometimes hard to find on the MFG web sites. From what I have seen the sprinter models don't have as much as the gas models. Also I would try to find a model with the large pass thru storage bay in the rear, going from a Class A to a small C storage will be a lot less.