cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help looking for washer for full time use

starsabove
Explorer
Explorer
Just starting out being F/T RVers as we both just retired. Never needed a washer before due to short trips, but now that we will be spending months at a time looking for help with types of washers that hold up my rig is set-up for a washer/dryer already.
Thanks for any help.
19 REPLIES 19

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
9-16 gallons depending upon using the pre-wash option (I think that's the difference) or not.

Thanks Bill, that's kinda what I figured, but thought I would check with users.
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
9-16 gallons depending upon using the pre-wash option (I think that's the difference) or not.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious, but those of you that have a Splindide 2100XC vented washer/drier combo, does anyone have any idea how much water this unit will use on an average wash load?
Kevin

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
I was referring more to the size of the load rather than washing ability of RV Models compared to home. I agree, the degree of cleanliness works for us!!!

:):):)
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was referring more to the size of the load rather than washing ability of RV Models compared to home. I agree, the degree of cleanliness works for us!!!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not sure that's 100% true. The front load washer cleans better than most top load home washers. While the Splendide does smaller loads (by far) it cleans better than most any top load I have ever used. The nice part is that doing laundry in the RV is not a chore like going to a laundromat and waiting. You just load it and go back to doing what you were doing. Even load it up and leave. You can finish up when you return. It's just easy.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just to add, no one who has a washer/dryer in an RV claims that it matches the performance of full size units. All I know is the wife loves it...she washes a load or two just about everyday. Put the clothes in and forget it. It does help to have Full hookups for obvious reasons(power, water and drainage) are important when using onboard units. I know two loads generally means a trip out to drain the tank!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
I also use a Splindide 2100XC washer/drier combo. It has been working great and I sure don't miss going to the laundromat. You have to remember it isn't a full size washer and dryer. Check out their reviews on you tube by people that use them.
Kevin

starsabove
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman replied:
Does that mean you'll be spending a lot of time in RV parks?

Mostly for now learning about boondocking and other options to use.
Want to thank all of you for your replies and suggestions.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper came with the hook ups. Wife wanted to buy a set but after discovery that we had to cut a hole in the wall I was not keen on that idea. She spoke to several friends who said the time to wash and dryer was very long. She decided she would rather use the campground laundry every 10 days or so for a couple of hours rather than wash in the camper several days.

https://rvshare.com/blog/rv-washers-and-dryers-read-this-before-buying-one/
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Combo vented unit also from Splendid...Love it. Funny, I had to pull it out yesterday because on the drying cycle it would shut down. Had to de-lint the exhaust. On another note, if you don't mind a scratch and dent unit, you can get on their waiting list to pick up a fully warranted unit for roughly half price.
96 Vogue Prima Vista

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
Been full time for a bit over 6 years now and have a Splindide 2100XC washer/drier combo and it does great for two people. You will get lots of folks bad mouthing the unit, but it does great provided you read the manual and follow the instructions. You have to realize it is not a home unit.

Ken

We been about 2 years with the Splindide 2100XC. Like Ken said excellent machine and works well. We don't let laundry build like in the S&B house, do a load every few days while watching TV.

We have a tension rod sets just over the shower enclosure, we hang sheets over night & perma press shirts to take wrinkles out. There customer service is beyond good. I called with and issue, they asked about flashing lights & told me exactly what the issue was. (Self installed & too long an exhaust hose) Never asked when I bought or serial number.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

starsabove
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used the Panda compact portable washing machine or any othere portable compact washing mahine?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
VoodooMedicineMan wrote:
Have a Splendide since camper was new (about 4 years) worked fine till couple weeks ago it wouldn't finish the wash cycle and is throwing a h5 code I think. It worked good but I don't think I will replace it with another Splendide. I'm going to take it out and see if I can find a repair shop. If it's too expensive to fix I'm looking at another brand.

Call them for tech support before you do to much. I can get you the contact info when I get home. OK, I got home. Call Westland Sales. Ask for Jake if he is still there. 800-356-0766. Have the serial number available.