Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Help looking for washer for full time use
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help looking for washer for full time use

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
starsabove

nyc

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just starting out being F/T RVers as we both just retired. Never needed a washer before due to short trips, but now that we will be spending months at a time looking for help with types of washers that hold up my rig is set-up for a washer/dryer already.
Thanks for any help.

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had a MayTag stacked washer dryer in our 5th wheel since 1996. It's still going strong. Also have a MayTag stacked set in our house. Both have provided years of trouble free service.

They do a great job of cleaning and drying the clothes.

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We replaced our combo Splendide washer/dryer with an Ariston stacked washer and dryer . . . about $1700 for both,

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does that mean you'll be spending a lot of time in RV parks?

VoodooMedicineMan

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a Splendide since camper was new (about 4 years) worked fine till couple weeks ago it wouldn't finish the wash cycle and is throwing a h5 code I think. It worked good but I don't think I will replace it with another Splendide. I'm going to take it out and see if I can find a repair shop. If it's too expensive to fix I'm looking at another brand.

Bill and Joey the dog

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been full time for a bit over 6 years now and have a Splindide 2100XC washer/drier combo and it does great for two people. You will get lots of folks bad mouthing the unit, but it does great provided you read the manual and follow the instructions. You have to realize it is not a home unit.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VoodooMedicineMan wrote:

Have a Splendide since camper was new (about 4 years) worked fine till couple weeks ago it wouldn't finish the wash cycle and is throwing a h5 code I think. It worked good but I don't think I will replace it with another Splendide. I'm going to take it out and see if I can find a repair shop. If it's too expensive to fix I'm looking at another brand.

Call them for tech support before you do to much. I can get you the contact info when I get home. OK, I got home. Call Westland Sales. Ask for Jake if he is still there. 800-356-0766. Have the serial number available.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

starsabove

nyc

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/19 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone ever used the Panda compact portable washing machine or any othere portable compact washing mahine?

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/19 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TXiceman wrote:

Been full time for a bit over 6 years now and have a Splindide 2100XC washer/drier combo and it does great for two people. You will get lots of folks bad mouthing the unit, but it does great provided you read the manual and follow the instructions. You have to realize it is not a home unit.

Ken

We been about 2 years with the Splindide 2100XC. Like Ken said excellent machine and works well. We don't let laundry build like in the S&B house, do a load every few days while watching TV.

We have a tension rod sets just over the shower enclosure, we hang sheets over night & perma press shirts to take wrinkles out. There customer service is beyond good. I called with and issue, they asked about flashing lights & told me exactly what the issue was. (Self installed & too long an exhaust hose) Never asked when I bought or serial number.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/19 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Combo vented unit also from Splendid...Love it. Funny, I had to pull it out yesterday because on the drying cycle it would shut down. Had to de-lint the exhaust. On another note, if you don't mind a scratch and dent unit, you can get on their waiting list to pick up a fully warranted unit for roughly half price.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Help looking for washer for full time use
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS