cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto French Toast Bake

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
If you eat a keto lifestyle, or are interested in exploring keto foods, here's a very nice keto breakfast dish.

Keto French Toast Bake

8 eggs
8 Tbsp butter
8 oz cream cheese
½ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener or erythritol (I use Lakanto or Swerve)
½ tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 7 x 11" baking pan with coconut oil. Or, if you don't have one of those, as I don't, use an 8" round flan/tort pan. Set pan aside.

Place eggs, cream cheese (cut into chunks if still cold), sweetener and cinnamon in a blender. Blend on high about one minute, until smooth. Alternatively, use a mixer and blend for about three minutes. Scrap as needed to ensure everything blends thoroughly.

Pour into pan. I put my tort pan on a cookie sheet, in case of spills, but if you can get it into the oven without spilling, it's not necessary.

Bake about 40 minutes, until golden brown and thoroughly set. WARNING: This is more or less a soufflé, so do NOT NOT NOT open the oven until cooking time is done. It's going to rise up hughly, then fall. At 40 minutes, stick a knife in the center to ensure it's done.

Remove from oven, let sit about five minutes, then cut into six pieces.

Serve with syrup, berries -- whatever floats your boat.

Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to five days. Microwave to reheat.

CALORIES 364
FAT 34.7 g
PROTEIN 16.3 g
CARBS 3 g
FIBER 0.1 g

I just realized I left out the butter. Did not matter; it tastes wonderful. But leaving out the butter may have affected the rise/fall. I'll know next time I make it.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
7 REPLIES 7

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
I developed a problem with Invokana, so now I'm on Ozempic. Within three days of the first injection, I lost 2 pounds. Much to my surprise, it's also a known appetite suppressor, which is why the weight is coming off so easily.

Hope it's not just an early on the meds thing...

Meanwhile, here's another great Keto recipe for us breakfast casserole fans:

Keto Breakfast Casserole
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost wrote:
ReneeG, I'm also diabetic, so no processed sugar, low carb is the only safe way to eat. Keto has been working beautifully for me, and I'm not yet fully on the program. We're clearing out the pantry, then not buying the high carb or sugary stuff anymore. When it's gone, I'll be totally keto, as will Spousal Unit, although I'm not sure he really realizes that...

Anyway, there are tons of high quality, great tasting keto recipes all over the web. Good hunting.

That's what he is doing also.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
I found a lot of good recipes. Tasty and healthy)
Here - https://greenann.com/
Try))

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost - I found this recipe for Gorilla Bread on Pinterest. It made me think of this recipe.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
ReneeG, I'm also diabetic, so no processed sugar, low carb is the only safe way to eat. Keto has been working beautifully for me, and I'm not yet fully on the program. We're clearing out the pantry, then not buying the high carb or sugary stuff anymore. When it's gone, I'll be totally keto, as will Spousal Unit, although I'm not sure he really realizes that...

Anyway, there are tons of high quality, great tasting keto recipes all over the web. Good hunting.

Czarny, black cat

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Worth trying. Our son is diabetic so his wife and I are always on the lookout for low sugar, low carb recipes, especially with a camping trip coming up.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman