cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Short queen mattress

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I are looking at replacing the short queen mattress that came with our TT with something a bit more comfortable. Looking for recommendations from those of you who have done it, cost involved and location of purchase. Thanks in advance.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
12 REPLIES 12

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered ours online at https://wildernessrvmattress.com/. Came right before our 10-night vacation to Texas and we really like it. We lost head room over our 3" foam cushion or whatever it was, but I'll trade that in a heartbeat!
2020 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Max Tow
2023 Riverside RV Intrepid 240BHi

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
I had a custom made mattress for home made by a local mattress factory store and inquired about having one made for my travel trailer and just needed to supply measurements but it has to wait as due to divorce I'm paying off a attorney but I did get the travel trailer. But we have several custom mattress stores in my area.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
We bought our short queen mattress from Samsclub.com. One of those bed in a box mattresses. Very comfortable, and I think the price was around $200 delivered.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago (2 other rv's)we purchased a sheet of 6" foam from the local upholstery shop. It is pink, don't know if that indicates a density or not but it is pretty firm. It was $285 including the shop cutting it to a short queen size. We then put a $99 3" memory foam topper on top and it is the best mattress we've ever had in our home or rv. This is the 3rd rv we've had it in and it's still like new altho we use it 6 mo a year..very light weight, I can lift it to access under the bed with no problem.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Have you considered an air mattress ?

After MONTHS of searching for a "short queen" to replace the one that sprung an un-repairable leak in my RV......I gave up and got one from the camping section at WalMart for about $35 I think.

While it said it was full size queen, it really is NOT and is about 3 inches shorter than advertised and worked great for what I needed.

Some people like an air mattress.....and some hate them.

If you will be up around Ocala sometime, I would be happy to demonstrate mine.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
Serenia Sleep 8 inch memory foam. $299 on Amazon but they are currently sold out on Amazon and eBay for the short queens. Super comfortable with great reviews and American made.
E.Lee Galik

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
We actually have a full queen in our park model. We purchased a Zinus memory foam mattress for home and are purchasing another for the park model.

Reasonable price, decent quality so far, just did not like the "tea infused" version as it smelled for quite some time - and the odor still lingers if you take off the sheets, etc.

We purchased from Amazon.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine was ordered with the optional premium memory foam mattress, but it seemed a bit firm for us. I added a quality 2" gel infused memory foam topper to it, and it is just right. Many others add toppers as well, but quality/price is a big variable.

Jerry

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
we replaced ours with a Zinus "bed in a box" memory/gel foam. very comfortable. we liked it so much we bought a king size for our bed at home. both less than 400 bucks. worth every penny

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
If you have room I would go with a regular queen. Wallyworld carries a bed in a box along with several other places. You can order on line and have it show up at your residence.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
memory foam of your choice cut to suit
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....