cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman mach 8 A/C

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering if anyone is having trouble with their Coleman A/C blower fan coming apart? We have a 2013 Phaeton and we are getting ready to change out our 4 blower fan, this seems to be a little excisive to us! Don't know of anything we are doing wrong.
4 REPLIES 4

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't had any squarrel cage fans come apart but I did have the condenser fan blade break when the grommets that the motor mounts on failed. Happened to a friend recently too. That was on a 15" model. My new coach has a totally different condenser fan set up and is now called an assembly. Motor, blades and bracket are all one assembly now.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It is not that uncommon on the older mach 8. The cause is the slip clamp that keeps the impellor secured to the motor shaft is not tight enough anymore to keep the Impellor from dropping down. Usually the new Impellor comes with a new slip clamp to prevent that problem in the future. The real pain is getting all the broken impellor blades out of the duct work if they have disintegrated. Doug

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
are you referring to the plastic fan on top of the compressor motor? how are they failing?

I am referring to the plastic squirrel cage that blows the air from the A/C into the RV. Since its plastic the fins or cracking and breaking off.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
are you referring to the plastic fan on top of the compressor motor? how are they failing?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle