Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do you unload when you camp? Really?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Do you unload when you camp? Really?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
robseg

San Jose, CA

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I take mine off anytime I can. it takes me less then 10 minutes to unload/reload the camper.

2005 F-350 SRW 6.0L 4X4 Line-X Torq Lifts
2006 Lance 835
2006 Sand Car 1989 Honda Pilot
2005 Honda EU3000is

whizbang

Kenmore, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unloading is just nuts.

The camper allows you to take you toilet, kitchen, bed, etc with you. Why leave that stuff behind?

Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

BlkPrl15

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We really do both, which is one of the main reasons we went with the TC. We probably leave it on about 70% of the time while camping. I've been down plenty of "no RV" roads with it on without a problem. I've also stayed in primitive campgrounds that only allow tents or RV's under 25'. Some of those campgrounds were so wooded it was stressful getting in and out, so dropping the TC made more sense when we wanted to dink about the area. To each his own, but the beauty of a TC is that it doesn't have to be either or.

Jason
2015 F-350, CC, DRW, 4x4, 6.7l PS
2012 Arctic Fox 990

noteven

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whizbang wrote:

Unloading is just nuts.

The camper allows you to take you toilet, kitchen, bed, etc with you. Why leave that stuff behind?

Naaa it’s not... for example

A. it’s a shorter fall to the ground if one has too many pints and misses a step.
B. what if you want to go get a load of pallets and a old sofa to throw in the fire?
C. hard to nearly impossible to steal a unloaded big TC without suitable equipment.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whizbang wrote:

Unloading is just nuts.

10’ bridges on your sight-seeing route for the day.

Most of the time (>99%) the camper stays on the truck when we’re out. But, for the rare occasions when we want to do something that the camper would prevent us from doing, I’m glad it comes off.

Whats nuts is those towable RV’s and motorized RV’s. Especially those motorized ones with 10’ or more of overhang behind the rear axle. Cwazy!! (Just kidding. Wink wink, nudge nudge). [emoticon]

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

mi.drew

Greenbush, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unload most of the time because I like to fish and my wife doesn't. That means she can stay at camp while I launch the boat in the morning and evening. I may at times go trout fishing midday on small streams down two tracks. It seems to depend on what kind of camping you do.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whizbang wrote:

Unloading is just nuts.

Just nuts I tell ya....lol

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Do you unload when you camp? Really?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS