Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Medical marijuana
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Your first point makes zero sense. So, legalize pot, and just stop the drug war, and allow all the other illicit drugs to come on in? Do you really think we're spending billions of dollars just to stop pot?

This from 2012

Miron predicts that legalizing marijuana would save $7.7 billion per year in government expenditure on enforcement,

source

Another reference source

Amount spent annually in the U.S. on the war on drugs: $47+ billion

Number of arrests in 2017 in the U.S. for drug law violations: 1,632,921

Number of drug arrests that were for possession only: 1,394,514 (85.4 percent)

Number of people arrested for a marijuana law violation in 2017: 659,700

source

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of South Western Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby - Here is some reading for you about the expenditure for cannabis enforcement etc if you are interested.

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over half the budget for drug interdiction is spent on pot.
Tens of thousands are incarcerated for pot arrests.
What a waste of money and lives.

And why would legalizing it encourage air traffic controllers come to works stoned?

They’re not showing up drunk are they? I’m sure a few do but prohibition didn’t stop people from drinking.

I hope the laws change nationwide. Soon.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok.. so, looks like some valid information, although I don't rank ACLU as the highest, most independent source of info.

One can find stats though that can be used to support any argument one wants to make. Heck, just look at the weight arguments we have here on site (my attempt to bring it back to RVing)

Here's some other interesting pieces of data (note I didn't say facts).

USA Today

Hospital visits related to cannabis drastically increased after Colorado legalized recreational marijuana, a new study shows.

University of Colorado School of Medicine researchers reviewed health records of 9,973 patients at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital from 2012 to 2016, and found a more than three-fold increase in cannabis-associated emergency department visits, according to a study published in the peer-reviewed journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

Car crashes rose 6 percent from 2012 to 2017 in four states that legalized marijuana during that period – Nevada, Colorado, Washington and Oregon – a greater rate than in four comparable states that didn't, the Highway Loss Data Institute found

As I stated earlier, I can understand the medical benefit. I still stand by my belief that the states only care about the money.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Car crashes rose 6 percent from 2012 to 2017 in four states that legalized marijuana during that period – Nevada, Colorado, Washington and Oregon – a greater rate than in four comparable states that didn't, the Highway Loss Data Institute found
I suppose that correlation was proven.

There's no doubt there will be *some* downside, but you need to weigh the pros vs cons. From my chair the pros are way out front.

trailer_newbe

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m fine with medical pot, but frankly this is a personal matter and does not belong on a trailer forum. Do what you want, but don’t ask folks across the country if they think you’re going to get busted on something that might be illegal in a particular state. Just like carrying a gun, its a personal choice that you need to make. You know its legal in some states and in others it is not. You take the responsibility and live with your decision, but leave the rest of us out of it.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an easy way to not be involved in the discussion.

Mike

CincyGus

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/19 12:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trailer_newbe wrote:

I’m fine with medical pot, but frankly this is a personal matter and does not belong on a trailer forum. Do what you want, but don’t ask folks across the country if they think you’re going to get busted on something that might be illegal in a particular state. Just like carrying a gun, its a personal choice that you need to make. You know its legal in some states and in others it is not. You take the responsibility and live with your decision, but leave the rest of us out of it.

Wow, Thank you Mr. Forum traffic director.
Who left you in charge of what people can ask???
Or what discussion anyone else on the forum can choose to participate in????
Seems like you jumped in one you wish wasn't here. Maybe you should have just clicked the next thread title. I'll continue to make up my own mind without your direction, thank you very much.

2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/19 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO, the only reason this should not be discussed on a RV forum is because it could so easily turn hostile and political.
I understand that, like science, the study of history is near blasphemy. But if somebody in power was to take the risk they could look at the time between the passage of 18th and 21st amendments. I think they would see a large percentage of growth in crime, especially organized crime.
While I am certain that some individuals have been harmed by the use of drugs, IMHO most of the harm to society has come from the fact the use of the drugs is illegal.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It should be in health forum. Why it's stayed here is a mystery.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS