Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Medical marijuana
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that retail store pot comes in various strengths. I also have seen vids of people so stoned on pot only, that in my grandfather's day it would have been called the Blind Staggers. Literally couldn't stand up by themselves. I asked some stoner friends and they corroborated this.

Medical MJ comes in different strengths. The card doesn't say "Limit 2% THC" eg.

But this is the INturweb, so take it for what its worth.

And for the record, I don't care what folks put into their body so long as they aren't driving or endangering innocents. Not my business.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

I know that retail store pot comes in various strengths. I also have seen vids of people so stoned on pot only, that in my grandfather's day it would have been called the Blind Staggers. Literally couldn't stand up by themselves. I asked some stoner friends and they corroborated this.

Medical MJ comes in different strengths. The card doesn't say "Limit 2% THC" eg.

But this is the INturweb, so take it for what its worth.

And for the record, I don't care what folks put into their body so long as they aren't driving or endangering innocents. Not my business.

I am the grandfather and did a ton of weed in the day but that day has come and gone. I can't smoke it or vap it so my world is quite different to some level. That doesn't mean I don't get a little high at times but this is intentional for other activity limited to the house and bedroom. It is a great life and you only go by once ... enjoy it while you can.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I try to only have hard and fast rules for myself and those I share a household with. Of course being human, I have been known to express a strident opinion from time to time. But, I can typically be reasoned with when dealing with actions that truly only affect the person who’s doing the acting.

I’m compassionate enough to not want to see anyone suffer, especially from chronic pain. I’ve been in that situation and it just sucks the joy out of life. So, whatever works for you and your legitimate medical condition is what I want you to have.

I’m also a realist though, so I do have a legitimate concern that “medical marijuana” is being used a lot by people with no medical condition. But, that’s obviously happening with opioids as well. I firmly believe that it’s in everyone’s best interest that misuse and abuse of all forms of drugs (and alcohol too) be socially discouraged, legally prohibited, treated if possible, and as a last resort, punished if necessary.

I do wish those who choose to smoke/vape in public places would be more mindful about the second-hand effects of smoking and vaping any substance at all. Even when you’re in full compliance with the laws, your “emissions” can cause problems for those around you. Smoke and vapors tend to go wherever the wind lets them go. I should never see or smell your use of medical marijuana in any form. Strangers will never see me treat my medical conditions, yet I do need to treat them daily.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think your post is spot on NRALIFR

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can agree with NRALIFR but would never use MM and Opiods in the same context.
I think as many states are on the cusp of legalizing weed it well become more acceptable and visible nationwide.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, and let's now make this the highest responded topic here.

My friend from California had a chronic pain and the pain killers he was taking is no longer working and having nasty side effects.

He was prescribed medicinal mj and all is well since.

I'm not into it whether recreational or medical. But if ever, it would probably my go-to since pain killers are causing me to hallucinate and some other uncomfortable side effects.

So I'm happy with this legalization trend. Besides, weed has proven not be as harmful as cigarette to alcohol abuse. Unless, they do the same as I've seen in Oregon in my recent travel. The woman still has her car door open while running full speed and lighting up her joint at the same time.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

So I'm happy with this legalization trend.
Can it be long before we start hearing country songs about weed? "Tonight, the joint let me down.." just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

So I'm happy with this legalization trend.
Can it be long before we start hearing country songs about weed? "Tonight, the joint let me down.." just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

And I thought all of Willie Nelson's songs are about weed!

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Lol.. well, they're all recorded on weed!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Lol.. well, they're all recorded on weed!

That too! lol

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS