cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire warranty

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
My local Les Schwab dealer told me that there is no warranty on RV tires (Michelins). Can that possibly be true ?
12 REPLIES 12

map40
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin was better before the big problem with the RV tires. After they had to replace hundreds of thousands of tires due to the recall they started denying warranty claims a lot more. I had 2 front tire 4 years old with bad cracking and they told me it was my fault because I failed to used them as often as I should have. In the past, they had replace tires for this reason without even asking a question
Alfa SeeYa
Life rocks when your home rolls

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
viajante wrote:
Well here is the final solution to my dismay about supposed no warranty on my tires. I don't know who the idiot was that told me there was no warranty, but he was totally wrong.
When I physically went to my local Les Schwab, there was no question about Michelin's seven year warranty.
They were happy to submit a warranty request to Michelin.
Submitting a warranty request and getting resolve are two different issues. You can submit a warranty request yourself and they will find you a Dealer for verification. Getting Michelin to respond favorably to the Warranty........good luck.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
CapriRacer wrote:
Many tire dealers don't like doing warranty work - no money in it. This is particularly true if they didn't sell the tire.

that doesn't seem to make any sense. the tire mfg must sure reimburse the dealer for his cost of the replacement tire and labor.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many tire dealers don't like doing warranty work - no money in it. This is particularly true if they didn't sell the tire.

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Well here is the final solution to my dismay about supposed no warranty on my tires. I don't know who the idiot was that told me there was no warranty, but he was totally wrong.
When I physically went to my local Les Schwab, there was no question about Michelin's seven year warranty.
They were happy to submit a warranty request to Michelin.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
After the Rep denied my warranty for cracking and walked away - the Dealer said Michelin and Goodyear warranty tires until they get tired of it for the year it seems - "until they have had enough".
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/tire-guide-warranties-and-bulletins/

The last time I had an issue they warranty them for 7 years. This was not a open thing. They looked at the tires and then prorate them.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin replaced 4 tires on my coach about 10 years ago. Tires were cracking pretty bad and coach was a year old.. had to have tires inspected by a truck tire dealer, they then had to call Michelin and report their findings. The tire guy hung up the phone turned to me and said Michelin really likes you RV guys, they are paying 90% of the replacement costs.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
there were thousands of recalled michelins just a few years back. replaced FREE six on my MH , I ,ll stick with them.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
You've found out Michelin's little secret. Because they claim they never make a bad tire, there's never need to make a warranty adjustment. At least that's what they claim! Any failed tire must be returned to Michelin so they examine it and tell you what you did wrong that destroyed their tire.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

path1
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve found Les Schwab store people very knowledgeable and fair.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad