cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for my car trailer/toy hauler conversion plan

nicpaige
Explorer
Explorer
Hello again everyone. My intent is to turn a well built trailer into a well built toy hauler. I am just about ready to pull the trigger on my car trailer purchase and I figured why not post my current plans and maybe glean some wisdom from those that already have experience. This is a short list of my thoughts.
1. 8.5' x 24' x 7'6" V nose all aluminum car trailer either R&R or Neon brand
2. garage area must be 11' long for UTV
3. Garage area to have drop down full or queen bed.
4. 32"x32" inside shower
5. Flush toilet and vanity in bathroom
6. 4-6 cu ft fridge
7. 13.5 roof a/c
8. on demand water heater
9. most mechanical and electrical items will be in 5' V-nose with entry door in V.
10. 30-40 gallon fresh water tank
11. 30 gallon gray 25 gallon black.
12. Microwave and countertop toaster oven and burners.
13. two exhaust fans
2 REPLIES 2

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’ve not done a full fledged build yet, some puttering and modifying.

Suggestions:

- verify if the interior wall lining material is fastened mechanically (screws) allowing relatively easy removal and reinstallation, or fastened with VHB tape, adhesives, and or percussion fasteners shot onto the frame members ie much stronger but also quite difficult to remove and reinstall.. If insulation is done etc and you are surface mounting all wires and pipes lights etc disregard

- brush up on your weight and balance math and discover the weight of everything you are installing and hauling so you can build and enjoy a balanced trailer. Check out “moment of inertia” and how it might be applied to a trailer build.

Sounds like a fun project.

Bedlam
Here are some ideas: http://www.tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=42

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD