Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No Headlights 2001 Knight DP

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

My 2001 Monaco Knight 36R Diesel pusher lost the head lights. All the other running lights work. Brake, tail, sidelights and backup. I have looked for a fuse in the front box and found what looks like a plug into the fuse board that says headlights. I hope this is not a circuit board.

This may have something to do with it. While camping this weekend it rained like there is no tomorrow all night and into the morning before leaving. When I plugged in my tow dolly the brakes on it where locked up. All the lights where working on it though. After towing the car a ways without the plug in I stopped and plugged in the plug and everything worked. I figured it was wet from all the rain and the rushing air and heat from the engine dried it out.

I really donโ€™t know if the headlights where working during this or not. When I turned on the switch all the interior dash lights are on and I could see the side running lights so I assumed the headlights were on. I didnโ€™t realize the headlights where out until almost home (still light out) when I went to flip the high beams on. I thought it was just the high beams. When I got home and checked no hi or low beams. Would one bad bulb make all the headlights go out? I pulled one and it looks good.

I have a wiring diagram book but is kind of Greek to me. Is there a fuse somewhere? I looked everywhere I could think of. Even pulled the panel under the dash put did not see anything that looked like a fuse.

I am at a lose as what to do. This is a pretty big problem as we are leaving for a cross country trip in about a week. I can go without headlights if I have to but I sure donโ€™t like the though of that. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated as always.

Phil
3 REPLIES 3

Lurker52
Explorer
Explorer
It was the headlight switch. Thanks for the help

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
One bad bulb would not make both headlights nonfunctional. Two bad bulbs could, of course, but having both high beam and both low beam filaments go out at the same time seems very, very unlikely.

Besides the headlight switch, it might be worth checking the dimmer switch and its connections. Also, if you have daytime running lights, they sometimes use the same bulbs as the headlights and a faulty relay or something in that system could cause problems. (Sometimes daytime running lights use their own dedicated bulbs, or the parking lights, or perhaps even turn signal indicators rather than the headlights.)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your year model. Does it have the old style headlight switch in the dash that you PULL the knob out to engage the headlamps? If yes, the Headlight switch IS the fuse/circuit Breaker for the headlights. Most RV's there is NO real fuse for the Headlamps, just for the Marker and turn signal lights. Doug