Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing TT entry door locks

cd20779
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening all!
I need to replace the entry door lock on the new to us TT. Went to CW, bought one that was supposed to work, but it seems too big. No instructions, and I can't seem to find any online.
The model purchased is AP products # 013-534. It's supposed to fit in any opening 2 3/4 x 3v3/4, which I have, but I have no idea how to make this thing fit. Any ideas? TT is a 2003 X-treme Lite by Sun Valley, and the opening after removing the old handle is the correct dimensions.
Thank you in advance for your input!
5 REPLIES 5

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get the digital unit from RVLock. They will probably have a sale 4th of July weekend

RVLock Link here

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is the lock too big to fit in the hole? Or does the lock fit in the hole but the door is too narrow and the lock can't clamp down on the door?

Can you compare the new lock to the old one and see if there is maybe an obvious adjustment you can make like a light filing or something?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
From Google . YouTube Installation instructions.. Hope this helps

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine from amazon

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is the current lock broken? If not, why replace? Locked TT doors aren’t much of a deterrent except to honest people....crowbar.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad