Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looking for motorhome to travel to Alaska suggestions?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Looking for motorhome to travel to Alaska suggestions?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iamfreeatlast wrote:

I am getting very close to buying my first and only motorhome. I am planning on full timing in it and go to Canada and then Alaska. Should I get one with no slide outs to help maintain inside temperature?

I would never get MH with slides,too many potential problems and unecesary if youre alone.
I lived in TC quite comfortably and imagine that any MH would be plenty comfy even without slides.

Iamfreeatlast

Canton

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for your post. I am an army of 1 since my husband passed. So I am looking for the least problematic type of motorhome. I don’t need a lot of room just a bed big enough for me and 2 dogs.

FireGuard

Frazier Park

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a 24’ class C with dinette slide. It’s the perfect size for 2 of us and very easy to drive and maneuver as well as a good towing capacity. (7500 lbs)
A slide will give you more room when parked but sometimes much less when it’s in.
For just 1 person and dogs, a non slide would be fine without any worry of issues of it not working.
If you want to stay on the shorter side, I narrowed my choices down to the Winnebago 22R, Forest River Sunseeker 2290 and Fleetwood Tioga 25K.
I decided on the Sunseeker and love it. Even with the slide in there is plenty of room to move around. It also has large tank capacities and you can’t beat the Ford V10 and 6. Speed transmission.
Good luck.

13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Looking for motorhome to travel to Alaska suggestions?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS