cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need title

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
anyone know how to get title I can't find for my RV? can i go to Motor Vehicles?
9 REPLIES 9

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
"Very easy to do."

Not necessarily. Kansas is very easily done, other states maybe not so much. If you have previously registered the trailer in your name it shouldn't be an issue, but if you've never registered it in your name, some states make it a real hassle. Missouri comes to mind.

you generally have to register it in order to get plates. if the OP just moved to his current state and has not registered it there then he needs to contact the most recent state in which it was registered and licensed.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Very easy to do."

Not necessarily. Kansas is very easily done, other states maybe not so much. If you have previously registered the trailer in your name it shouldn't be an issue, but if you've never registered it in your name, some states make it a real hassle. Missouri comes to mind.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My hunting 5th wheel is a 1987 Coachman and it had a lost title when I bought it. I had to take it to be inspected by the Kansas Highway patrol to match the bill of sale ID numbers to the trailer and a brief statement from the seller saying the title was lost. Then I could apply for a title, which I did. Very easy to do and I received a title. Each state maybe different so you need to check your states requirements. Very easy to do.

huskyfan68
Explorer
Explorer
i would not call it useless- it was a general question in which I got answer to very quickly

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
huskyfan68 wrote:
anyone know how to get title I can't find for my RV? can i go to Motor Vehicles?

It seems to me asking your state's motor vehicle department would get you an answer that applies to you. It seems to me asking on an internet forum is useless. But what do I know?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
DMV can take care of you. Bring an old registration if you have it. If not, they will want the VIN.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should be able to apply for a lost title at the DMV.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Yes

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
yes. also contact your lien holder if applicable.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle