Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Mosquitos
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Mosquitos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
DRM796

Eastern Shore of MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here.
So we had a fan, the bug bracelets, cans of OFF, citronella torches/candles/lanterns and some small logs that you put in the fire that repel bugs. And used none of it. We had a beautiful dry and breezy 5 day stay. So the trick is take everything you may possibly need and use none of it. Well we'll be ready for the 4th.

2012 Wildcat 313RE
2016 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Duramax

CapnCampn

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/19 04:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

riven1950 wrote:

etstorm wrote:

Mix a large bottle of blue mouthwash,epsom salt, and stale beer in a pump up sprayer and spray liberally area the campsite.

Works for flys also

I'm just trying to figure out how someone came up with this formula [emoticon]

Not saying it will not work.

Google for Paul Harvey mosquito repellent. That's where my mom got it from. I've heard "cheap" beer, hadn't heard the stale part. She says it works, I've never actually tried it.

CC

CincyGus

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 01:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If there is no breeze I use Citronella candles and Tiki torches with Citronella fuel. If there is a breeze, I'll use an oscillating fan if I have power as they can't fly in too much wind or deet if I don't have power.

2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/19 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DRM796 wrote:

OP here.
So we had a fan, the bug bracelets, cans of OFF, citronella torches/candles/lanterns and some small logs that you put in the fire that repel bugs. And used none of it. We had a beautiful dry and breezy 5 day stay. So the trick is take everything you may possibly need and use none of it. Well we'll be ready for the 4th.

Yup, that how it often works for me. Any thing that I take I don't need . Any thing that I leave at home I end up needing.

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 12:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

at the hi lakes in Oregon they are vicious and have been known to carry fishermen from their boats.
Jay D.

CapnCampn

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

at the hi lakes in Oregon they are vicious and have been known to carry fishermen from their boats.
Jay D.

[image]

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 10:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here's something to try, EQUATE BABY, Baby Cream. I tested this for my wife when we were at Leavenworth, though the skeeters weren't that bad. I put some on and took the dog for several long walks in the afternoon and evening and never once did I get bit. I did see them around me so I know they were their. tested it again at Diamond Lake in central Or. the big skeeters weren't out yet to early I guess but anyway NO bites. I HAVE NOT tested on the big skeeters at Diamond Lake the ones in my previous post^^^above. so no report i'm going over in late August hopefully i'll test it then. try it its safe for babies so it should be safe for you old geezers. Johnsons also makes it, see it on Google.
Jay D.

* This post was edited 07/04/19 10:36pm by badsix *

Dustytuu

Somewhere in the USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can get a mosquito machine. Can order them on line. Expensive but they work. They work best in a place you will be in for a few weeks. This machine runs on propane. You buy a mosquito attractant so they will go into the machine. machine is called "Mosquito Magnet". Look it up on line.

We had mosquitos so bad at our house, we could not enjoy our yard or decks. We bought this Mosquito Magnet and about a week or two, the mosquitos were gone.

2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The wife and I both have our own personal thermacells.lol
They are 100% effective but only last 4 hours before you need to replace pads.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Mosquitos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS