Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Expedition w/Toy Hauler and 2 SeaDoo's
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Expedition w/Toy Hauler and 2 SeaDoo's

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/19 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure what your wife has against a Motorhome. For us it was perfect for us. I could haul our 4 place ATV trailer, or our boat and our Jeep, or I can take off without anything in tow. Launching the boat isn't for the faint of heart but with my family we have it down to a science.

[image]
[image]

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler

bighog01

Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also own a TH and a jet ski. That just sounds like a lot of work and extra equipment to me. For the more local trips you'd be better off having family/friend tow the ski behind another vehicle to the destination.

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mdntblu wrote:

We have a 2016 Expedition 3.5l Ecoboost. 9000 lbs of towing. We have a double SeaDoo trailer. Each SeaDoo without gas weighs 790lbs (about 90lbs more if full of gas). My wife has been asking if we can get an RV so when we go SeaDooing we can camp at lakes/rivers. I told her that it's kinda tricky because we have SeaDoo's so a motorhome would be an option but she doesn't really want a motorhome. So I'm wondering if anyone has ever successfully been able to put 2 SeaDoos in a Toy Hauler trailer and what that looks like in terms of weight, pulling it with our Expedition, etc. My thoughts were get some of those PWC carts to put each SeaDoo on (See first pic) and strap them down inside the trailer. Then also get a sand PWC dolly to transfer them to in order to launch them into the lake (see second pic). YouTube video of launching https://youtu.be/EzN-UjKzAAI?t=19. Anyone have any thoughts who's more adversed in the weights and stuff of these trailers and towing. My third option is doing double tow (see 3rd pic) but I'm not sure if my Expedition will be able to do this.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Mod Edit: Adjusted photo width to conform with forum guidelines. Please set photo width to a maximum of 800 pixels wide, 640 is ideal. Anything wider skews the forum making it hard to read on some smaller screens.

Wench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dsAcbDalg

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Expedition w/Toy Hauler and 2 SeaDoo's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS