cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visiting Montreal and Quebec City

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Visiting in August. Anything I need to know? Planning on Montreal South KOA Looking for tour advice in both cities. Not sure about campground in Quebec City. Thanks
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS
5 REPLIES 5

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on KOA just south of Old Quebec
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at "Camping Transit," when we visited Quebec City. It is a little drive to the city, but pretty convenient. They offer a free morning and evening shuttle, but I chose to drive. On the Levis side, parking can be an issue, so we chose to drive in rather early, and it was easy to find a parking space in the ferry parking lot. We rode the ferry across to Quebec City and spent the day just riding the double decker tour bus. I certainly would not suggest driving in Quebec City. On the first evening we were there, we took our bikes to the ferry area, and easily found a parking spot for our truck. We rode our bikes up and down St. Lawrence where there is a great biking path.

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips. La Chutes look interesting and wife is curious about the underground. Looking forward to our vissit.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Quebec City: Usual CG is the KOA on the south shore. Not very scenic, but they have shuttle to the central city, where you certainly don't want to be driving an RV.
Montreal: if it is a hot and muggy day, head underground to the vast interconnected spaces in the central section. Other sights: Mount Royal Parc, St Joseph Oratory, Botanical Gardens. And go to Schwartz's on St Laurent for an iconic smoked meat sandwich.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know much about either city, but La Chutes de la Chaudieres is a nice place to stop for an hour or two.

We did notice a few years ago that free overnight parking in Walmarts out in the Gaspe has been reduced to only being allowed (by warning signs) from 23:00 to 06:00, since around 2017. Not sure about the ones closer to the St. Lawrence River. Used to be wide open in Quebec, but the increasing extensive (ab)use of their parking lots as free campgrounds brought on the all day parking bans, I guess. The roadside parkettes and pull outs were also wide open, but now are signed "no overnight parking/camping", as well.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)