Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
discovery4us

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. We absolutely love our 800 rzr. I am jealous of the fact you can ride right out of the driveway. Haven't done much to ours in the way of upgrades but we added doors and love them.

RedRocket204

Colorado mountains - Got trail?

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this isn't, but you might want to bring your Rzr in for an inspection and recall check. Over the past handful of years, Polaris has had a lot of different recalls, some being very serious and "Stop Ride" notices. I do not recall the 570 having the serious fire issues... but be safe and make sure everything is checked out first. Should also be fairly easy for you to have your exact model/VIN researched to know if there are any missing recalls.

Again, sorry if this seems like I'm raining on your parade as it's not meant to, just be safe!

I love me some land yachting

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RedRocket204 wrote:

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and hopefully this isn't, but you might want to bring your Rzr in for an inspection and recall check. Over the past handful of years, Polaris has had a lot of different recalls, some being very serious and "Stop Ride" notices. I do not recall the 570 having the serious fire issues... but be safe and make sure everything is checked out first. Should also be fairly easy for you to have your exact model/VIN researched to know if there are any missing recalls.

Again, sorry if this seems like I'm raining on your parade as it's not meant to, just be safe!
Why would this be bad news? You bring it to a dealer, they fix it, no charge end of story. Wouldn't stop me from buying one.

B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

RedRocket204

Colorado mountains - Got trail?

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B.O. Plenty wrote:

RedRocket204 wrote:

Why would this be bad news? You bring it to a dealer, they fix it, no charge end of story. Wouldn't stop me from buying one.

B.O.

Well, you're right as it's a safety thing but I didn't want to come off as "raining on his/her parade". But the other thing to know is that there have been some continued issues with Polaris finding an acceptable fix for the overheating problems which has resulted in very lengthy "Stop Ride" notices. A friend has had that with his Rzr 900.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No worries and thanks for your concern. This one has been maintained by the local dealer since day one and the original owner popped for the 5 year extended warranty - 2.5 years of which is still running and for a $50 fee I can transfer the coverage. The seller took $50 off of his price to cover that cost for me.

Just finished installing the plate as I got it registered today. Registratioin cost me a whopping $46.50 and there is no sales tax o n private party transactions in Arizona...Ya gotta love that!

I am now legal on or off road anywhere in the US and have added another handicapped plate to my collection {I have the worst knee in Arizona}.

[emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice rzr and great setup!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

discovery4us wrote:

Very nice. We absolutely love our 800 rzr. I am jealous of the fact you can ride right out of the driveway. Haven't done much to ours in the way of upgrades but we added doors and love them.

I finally got out and rode over to Rail X Ranch which is just 1.5 miles from my driveway. At 0830 it was deserted and I rode for 10 miles to the base of the Tortillita mountains without seeing a soul.

[image]

[image]

The main "road" for lack of a better term wanders through the high Sonoran Desert crossing at least a dozen washes and there are lots of small roads and two tracks that lead off in every direction so I will have a lot of exploring to do. It looks to be more than 100 square miles.

We are leaving in the morning hauling the RZR in the cargo trailer behind our Class C going up to the Mogollon Rim for 4 days. At 7,700' it should be nice and cool and there about a dozen lakes to found down the many Forrest Service dirt roads for us to explore. Might even do the ride down to the tiny town of Young northeast of Roosevelt Lake.

Too much fun!

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 06/17/19 04:29pm by Desert Captain *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.