Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Damaged RV on roads on way home from Florida, anyone else?.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Damaged RV on roads on way home from Florida, anyone else?.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ivbinconned wrote:

One thing that our Canadian/Saskatchewan Auto Association does every year is run a contest to nominate the worst road in the province. In an effort to raise awareness and embarrass government.

Maybe there should be a nationwide organization here to do the same, state-by-state. THEN publicize the hell out of it with recommendations to NOT drive those roads unless absolutely necessary. Maybe the economic impact will help (embarrass) these states into doing some actual repairs. Huh? What? Oh, sorry I was napping and having a dream...

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, the state congresscritters and loser governor, passed a bill here that upped our car registrations $32 a year. Now, in AZ, tags are an out-n-out TAX that's levied on everything with a plate and, for the most part, is based on valuation of that vehicle/trailer, and changes year to year. Sounds sorta like your property tax, but it goes =down=. This flat-rate increase was to pay for road and infrastructure improvements. Now answer me this; since we have 2 major freeways that pass through the state, I-40 and I-10, and is a bit tourist destination, why not simply tax =all= vehicles that buy fuel here a few extra cents. That way ALL vehicles that use our roads help pay for them, NOT just the residents? We'd still be on a par with 3 of the 4 surrounding states. (CA doesn't count since they're basically insane there. [emoticon])

Oh, sorry; dropped off again...

Lyle

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You never, ever, never, never want to suggest a tax increase or a new tax. Because they won't just enact more taxes, they add to the old taxes, and they'll never, ever, never get rid of one.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

285 In/Out of Carlsbad NM is the worst road I have ever driven on.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1320Fastback wrote:

285 In/Out of Carlsbad NM is the worst road I have ever driven on.

LOL you must have missed any number of roads then.

I have some comments on I-10 in FL right now. We were on it Wednesday and they must be doing some sort of maintenance on the roadway. They are resurfacing at least some of it. The bridge/road thumps were never there before so that's why I suspect there is something going on.

People here should have had the experience of driving it before they laid asphalt over the concrete slabs. It was 400 miles of thump-thump-thump... For those many expansion joints. Like that long bridge on I-12.

We got on US 82 at Montgomery after taking US 332 up from I-10. It is very variable, from excellent 4 lane to bump thump shake for miles. Our sample so far is half way across in AL and then all the way across MS and just into AR. Thinking back on this route we should have driven north on I-75 to where is hits US 82 and skipped I-10.

We are going to follow 82 all the way across AR and TX until it hits US 287 in west Texas. Skipping interstates this year.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

GHop

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny this topic is being discussed. Just a few days ago there was news peace on the roads and bridges across our country and it is bad. Happy and safe travels.

G.H.

Tundra2084

CHATHAM, Ontario Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an update on our fiver. The 5er has been sitting on the lot of a repair shop waiting for the insurance company to get their hands off their butts to send someone out to show us where the manufacturers defect is. After many phone calls they agreed to have the wall removed inside at OUR expense unless they agree to the repairs. Well the wall is open and there is NO damage to the structure of the rv. As a matter of fact,the wall studs are metal and are the biggest ones we have seen in an RV. The studs are about 6 inches wide and there is no damage or broken welds in the area of the large crack. So now its yet another waiting game to see what excuses they come up with to get out of paying our claim, which is over $10,000.

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tundra2084 wrote:

Just an update on our fiver. The 5er has been sitting on the lot of a repair shop waiting for the insurance company to get their hands off their butts to send someone out to show us where the manufacturers defect is. After many phone calls they agreed to have the wall removed inside at OUR expense unless they agree to the repairs. Well the wall is open and there is NO damage to the structure of the rv. As a matter of fact,the wall studs are metal and are the biggest ones we have seen in an RV. The studs are about 6 inches wide and there is no damage or broken welds in the area of the large crack. So now its yet another waiting game to see what excuses they come up with to get out of paying our claim, which is over $10,000.

Wow. Please keep us updated.
I have never had a claim and hope never to. I think my insurance is nearly $1300 a year on our 2014 fiver with a purchase price $73k. We do replacement cost in the policy so if it were totaled we'd get $73k towards a new one. I know that ups the premium but worth it to me.
It would be great if you could post pix for the benefit of us all. Its always interesting to see these RVs with the front caps removed, et., etc.

2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

Tundra2084

CHATHAM, Ontario Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no idea how to post a picture on this forum with the pictures being on my laptop and not a server where there is a url to link to.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tundra2084 wrote:

I have no idea how to post a picture on this forum with the pictures being on my laptop and not a server where there is a url to link to.

Go to this site and you can drag. Drop pictures.
Photo site

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Damaged RV on roads on way home from Florida, anyone else?.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS