cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder fresh water tank overflow

Beaver_Thunder
Explorer
Explorer
Just recently bought a 2001 Beaver Patriot and have a question regarding the fresh water tank overflow. I wasn't able to readily find the tanks overflow pipe, so I was reluctant to top off the tank until I found the overflow pipe, (prefer to error in caution) so I added enough water for a trip. When I pulled out I noticed that I was leaking some water from an area up in front of the generator. Looking up were the water was coming from, I see a bunch a sealant applied to some kind of cap that has been placed on pipe. Being I hadn't noticed any leaks before I filled the tank, I suspect that this may be the overflow pipe and someone may have mistaken it as a problem. Was hoping maybe someone on here has the same coach and could help me ID the location of the overflow pipe.
7 REPLIES 7

Beaver_Thunder
Explorer
Explorer
Well figured it out, yes indeed its is the overflow. I was wrong on the cap being on it, darn old eyes, I had the wife look up there and she noted it wasn't a cap but a dirty screen. So I went ahead and filled the tank until it overflowed and sure enough, the water flowed out like it should. So learned another thing about the coach, that's for all the replies.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is the pipe with the cap on it at the rear of the tank maybe about 1/2 in in dia and about 1-1 1/2 ins long? If so I would remove the cap and install an overflow tube the same dia as the pipe, rout the tube with an arch a little higher than the tank. When you fill the tank the water should pour out of that tube(not trickle) to prevent the tank from expanding and breaking the mounting tabs. Sounds like someone tried to cap the outlet to prevent water loss when traveling.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beaver Thunder wrote:
hotjag1 wrote:
Water dripping from a tube up in front of the generator seems like a very odd place for an overflow tube. The DP's I have looked at all have the water tank somewhere in the middle of the coach. Where is your fresh water tank located?

Water tank is in the middle of coach, the generator is also in the middle of coach. Not sure when Monaco changed the Beaver to put the generator into the front of the coach.

Now it makes sense to me. It sounds like you probably have located your overflow tube. Hopefully someone with a similar coach can verify that.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd expect the tank overflow to be near the tank. My cab A/C drain is in the front as are the 2 front roof A/Cs. Rear roof A/C drain is in the rear.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Beaver_Thunder
Explorer
Explorer
hotjag1 wrote:
Water dripping from a tube up in front of the generator seems like a very odd place for an overflow tube. The DP's I have looked at all have the water tank somewhere in the middle of the coach. Where is your fresh water tank located?

Water tank is in the middle of coach, the generator is also in the middle of coach. Not sure when Monaco changed the Beaver to put the generator into the front of the coach.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The water could also be from an A/C which is normal.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob